The Right Prescription


22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


If you stopped by our house, you would probably be shocked at the number of prescription and non-prescription medicines that fill our cupboards. Much of my day revolves around the question, "When should Nick be taking his next medicine?"
Today, however, I realized that the very best medicine that was ever prescribed is actually one that cannot be purchased at the pharmacy!!
We decided to pull out all of our old home movies, and Nick spent the entire day watching videos with Mamaw. He saw his first birthday, many Easter and Christmas mornings with his brothers, and lots of other special events we have taped through the years. We have laughed so much! Nick has had such a great day, and tonight as I sjt here reflecting on the day I can't help but think of the verse above and once again sit in awe of a God and Father who knows exactly what we need when we need it!!
I decided to do a word search on http://www.biblegateway.com/ just to see how many other times the word "medicine" was in the Bible and found out that this is the ONLY time it is ever used in the entire New International Version! WOW!
To think that the Great Physician only prescribed a cheerful heart as good medicine! That is a pretty powerful thought!
Oh, and I wanted to let you know that today I made it to Wal Mart and bought two dry erase boards! I feel so much better! Please send your prayer requests my way! I want to pray for you as you pray for my family and especially for my Nick!
God bless you all!


6 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

With all the rain we've had here in Missouri lately, there is a leak which came through our vinyl siding. It's rotted away the outer wood and gone through the insulation to the drywall. It's apparently been going on for some time now with all the rotten wood, but was only discovered now because all the rain finally made inside to the carpet.

My house has smelled for days and of course the insurance doesn't want to pay for all the repairs. Please pray that we can find a way to get them to and that my husband can get some sleep. He is a worrier and can't stop thinking about the damage to our home.

Wonderful to hear that Nick had such a great day. I do hope there is more of the same for him in the days to come...lots of laughter and good times with the family! Thank you for sharing him with us!

It is so great to know you are praying for us! Thank you, Cheri

Blogger Susan said...

Hey Tammy,

Not sure if I've told you this before but when I grow up I want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!

So blessed you found your board.

Here's a prayer request:

Please pray that all your friends learn from your example daily.

That we will bless God IN ALL THINGS and continue to testify of his greatness all the day long.

So blessed to read Nick had a great day, yes, he found the BEST MEDS ever!!

Blessings~

Blogger Rose said...

Susan, I would say your prayer has already been answered! I know that I am blessed every day to read what Tammy writes here.

I think you gave Nick the best medicine! I'm sure it was lots of fun to relive all those happy memories. My kids love it when I get out old tapes.

I have two prayer requests: My dad, who just went through surgery, had his foot amputated. He is still in a cast but has lots of healing and physical therapy in his future.

And my mother in law, who is suffering from Shay Drager syndrome which has taken her ability to perform simple daily tasks.

Thanks for adding my prayer requests! I will pray along with you and the other commenters.

Blogger Sheryl said...

Tammy, what a great story. So glad you were able to find some cheer. It can be difficult at times. Also, glad you were able to find your boards!!

I have such a hard time sharing my needs with others who I think have enough to be praying about. So for now just know that I continue to pray for you and for your Nick.

Love to you-
Sheryl

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

What a powerful post... these words spoke volumes to my heart. Thank you.

Thank you for your words, your heart, your life, lived out before us. You are a blessing to all of us.

I love you dear friend, very much.

Please pray for my family... God seems to be dealing with the issues of our past/hurts... in all of our lives. Please pray that through this process, His healing comes.

Love,
Bonnelle

Blogger Paula V said...

Sweet, sweet Tams.
I love Susan's comment and I dido it very much: "I want to be just like you" when I grow up.

I prayed in depth for you, Nick, your marriage, your family, all of it today as I was in the bathroom at work. Please don't think bad of me as I've had many conversations with my Lord in the bathroom at work...it seems to be the only quiet place to focus.

I mimic what Sheryl said. I hate to bring on the woah is me when you are dealing with so much. Yes, my burdens are heavy and no we should not compare them but you are just dealing with so much. Yet, I still selfishly say, IF you so choose, to continue to pray for my marriage (or lack of) and my beloved who's held by satan's trap of deceit. He is a Christian man but yet has unknowningly fallen into the devil's lies.

Believe it or not, I have a hard time praying for myself, my marriage, and my beloved. It's so much easier to pray for others. I think it also helps my mindset to give attention to those in need. So, I share my request only in hopes that you too would find comfort in praying for others as your sweet heart has set out to do.

Again, I just love your spirit. You are so precious.
Much love and prayers,
Paula

Post a Comment

Home

About Me