Special Words from Olivia Last Night
This is a picture of me and Oliva on Nick's Make a Wish trip this summer to the Bahamas! What a great memory for our whole family!


Last night, I was cleaning out our deep freeze (finally). Olivia was in the garage with me riding around on a skateboard. As I pulled out some of the food, an overwhelming feeling of sadness came over me as I realized how little Nick is eating right now, and before I knew it I had begun to cry.

I looked over at Olivia and said, "Oliva, Nick is very sick. The doctors don't think he is going to make it." Olivia looked at me and said, "Why did you have to tell me that?" I looked down and began crying even more. Olivia ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me and held me really tight. Then while still holding me, she said the following words:

"Mommy, I've been thinking about this for a long, long time. Do you remember when Adrienne died"

I said, "Yes."

Then Olivia said, "And then you adopted me?"

I said, "Yes."

She replied, "Well, I didn't replace Adrienne. She is still with us, and I don't think Nick is going to die."

I just held her and cried and cried. It was one of those moments I don't ever want to forget.

After I regrouped emotionally, I finished the deep freeze and Olivia went back to skateboarding, but I think we both felt better than we had before.

Olivia is right, Nick will never die.....no matter what happens here on this earth.

And I am still praying for an earthly miracle!

I just had to share Olivia's sweet words with you all.

God bless you and thank you for sharing this journey with our family.

If you would like to be on my prayer email update list, just email me at:

tammynischan@gmail.com.

I will add you immediately!

Thanks for checking in and keeping Nick in your daily prayers! I love you all so much!


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. Hang on to your faith and allow the rest of us to pray you through.

Blogger Sheryl said...

How sweet is that Olivia! I do not have words to say...they all seem so empty again. Praying on!!

Love to you-
Sheryl

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

What amazing children you have! What a legacy you are leaving on this earth! Congratulations!

Believing alongside of you and praying you through!

Love,
Bonnelle

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could see things like a child. She is so sweet! We are continuing to pray.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless that young lady--the heart of a child is so pure!

thinking of you and still praying...

kim from PA

Blogger Susan said...

Oh how touching and how TRUE!!

Praise God for the promises we have in HIM...

Thanks for sharing this tender story of hope with us.

Still pressing in and praying hard for Nick and you all♥

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that Olivia gets it! Please tell her I'm praying for her, as well as all of you. We love you, Tammy.

Certain of His ability to heal,

Mark

Blogger Paula V said...

This definitely is beautiful and precious. What a blessing you have to see things through a child's eyes in such a difficult situation. How ironic that Olivia asked why you had to say that and in the end you both answered that question....because you both needed the conversation that would transpire after that question.

May blessings to you, my sweet friend.

Much love and prayers,
Paula

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how true it is that we are just passing through on this earth. God is with us each step of the way no matter hard the trials are, He is beside you.
Much in Prayer,
Brenda

Blogger Pam said...

Aww.. that is so sweet!

Found your blog recently and so sorry you're on this awful journey with your son. (we lost our son at age 4 to neuroblastoma). Praying for you.

Blogger Wanda said...

Dear sweet sister in Christ.
I am praying for you right now....that God would send His angels to hold you up when you want to fall. This is a journey that no mother wants to take. Who can say why? Only our Father knows. My heart is heavy for you and the stress and worry you are under. Lean on Him....trust Him....Love Him....

Take good care of you....so you can do what you need to do most.
Hang on tight....you can do it!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me