Longing for a Miracle


While traveling this summer, we witnessed the most beautiful double rainbow that stretched from one side of the road to the other. We tried to take pictures from every angle, but never could truly capture the beauty that was hanging over us. We even saw a couple of cars pulled off on the side of the road, trying to get an even better photo.
Nick had fun shooting picture after picture of this message from God. Above is one photo he took.
Rainbows speak to people whether they are Christians or not. You just can't see one and not think of God and His Promises. I wonder how Noah felt every time he saw a rainbow after surviving the flood and then enduring a heavy rain. He had to feel great relief that once again he wasn't required to load up a huge boat with every kind of animal and then set sail for over a month with no land in sight.
I long for such a personal promise....some kind of sign that what my family is enduring now is only temporary.
And I long for a miracle for my sweet Nick.
We had such a good day yesterday....he even got in the pool for a little while. We played a board game and laughed and laughed, and then we built a campfire and Nick came out and sat in a lawn chair and was in such a good mood! It was just like the old days!
But when bedtime came and I watched Nick struggle to stand up and get his balance to walk upstairs to his room, I was flooded with the reality of his illness.
I wonder if Noah was ever flooded with reality after landing the ark and realizing that his family was "on their own" to start a new earth. I am sure they had friends whom they loved that were not worthy of the ark. I am sure they had fears of where to begin in their new venture. That rainbow had to make him smile everytime he saw it!
Last night, I cried myself to sleep. My heart aches beyond anything I have ever felt. Tonight we are driving back to Cincinnati. In the morning, Nick has a physical at 8:30, a petscan at 10:30, and then Lord willing, his first treatment in the afternoon.
Like Noah facing a new world, I am trying to face each day looking up. I have to believe that Noah looked up a lot. Looking for guidance, looking for signs, looking for God's presence, looking for strength. God knew Noah would be looking up. I think that's why He chose to give him the gift of the rainbow.
I am thankful that Noah's gift continues to bless us today. God is a God of miracles.
I will not stop believing that God is still in the miracle business! Please pray for a miracle for Nick.
Looking Up and Expecting Great Things,


20 Comments:

Blogger Gone said...

Our prayers are with you and Nick!! Stay strong in HIM ~ for HE holds you in the palm of HIS hand!! Just let the arms of the FATHER surround all of you at this trying time.

~Blessings,
Jan

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

My heart is with you & is praying for you. You are not alone in this journey and the Lord your God IS with you. I agree with Jan, He holds you in HIS hand and He won't let go.

Father, envelope Tammy with a blanket of Your love, peace & strength. May she feel the warmth of your love even now...

Love you,
Bonnelle

Blogger Paula V said...

Yes, don't believe but KNOW God IS still in the miracle making business. There are so many miracles every day big and small. If we only look, we will see. I am believing and praying with you for a miracle. There is power in our belief that God can do such a mighty work. It brings Him great honor to know His children have such faith in Him that HE CAN do the most impossible. HE can remove cancer from your precious boy's body. NO ONE BUT Him, can do it. It is not physically phathomable but it doesn't have to be. He can blink His eyes and it be done.

Keep looking up, Tammy. Look for His promises just like our courageous Noah did.

You are right, we too are reaping the blessings of Noah's faith and belief in God when it look so impossible.

Much love to you.
Paula

Blogger Sheryl said...

HE is the same God. HE still performs miracles! My heart aches along with you. Again, I cannot imagine it.

So glad Nick had some fun and you got to see your boy smile!

Love to you
-Sheryl

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep looking up!!! He is a God of great miracles!!

I have been praying...but will be especially lifting you up tommorrow morning as Nick faces his physical and petscan.

Also praying for you and your aching heart that God will grant you peace.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord I pray for Tammy and her son Nick to receive strength, faith and peace today. Lord continue to fill their hearts with hope so that nothing takes their eyes off of you. Like many others, I join Tammy in praying for Nick to be healed. Lord you are a God who does the impossible! Nothing - not even cancer - is beyond your power. Lord since you are in the miracle business I pray that you would grant Nick a miracle. Lord I pray for cancer to flee from his body in Jesus name. Lord I pray for you to do a mighty work in Nick's life that will bring you great honor and glory. In Jesus' mighty and powerful name, Amen!

Blogger kristyLoo16 said...

Tammy,
I want you to know that I will be in prayer for Nick and for you and for the rest of your family. May God just wrap His loving arms around you and Nick as you continue on this journey. Thank you for your beautiful words today. Keep looking up and know that you have friends looking up right along with you.
Blessings to you,
Kristy

Blogger Cheri said...

Don't forget Hab. 3:19 says.

What does it say? It says God is in control. He knows whats best and we can have confidence that he will do what's right.

Praise God that he always has a plan.

My heart aches for you dear mom and what you are going through. I think of you and your son often. I won't forget to pray.

Blogger Glynnis Whitwer said...

Tammy - I just want you to know I will be faithfully reading your blog and praying for Nick, you and your entire family. I may not comment very often, but I will be here praying.
Love - Glynnis from P31

Blogger Susan said...

Believing with you for that miracle...

May He grant you according to your heart's desire,And fulfill all your purpose. Psalm 20:4

Keep looking UP♥

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you today. That God would make his presence known to you and Nick. That you may rest in His love and strength.

Love In Him,
JL

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God bless you today with the reality of His love and care for you, Nick, and your family.

In His Love and Hope,
Karan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On one of your past blogs I saw that you were exploring nutritional options. I wondered if you have read about the Hallelujah Diet. If I ever had a chronic illness, this is the nutritional program that I would implement. There is a book called the Hallelujah Diet and their website is hacres.com. One woman that was healed of breast cancer has a video that you can get that was really inspiring - her name is Dr. Lorraine Day. You can find it by doing a search with her name. I am praying for a miracle for Nick. Also, if you don't have the book Praying God's Word by Beth Moore it is an awesome tool to help you pray through difficult times - it has been a Godsend for me. May God's peace that passeth all understanding fill your heart and mind today.
Sandra

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted a comment and then found another website that might interest you. It is ravediet.com. They have a video -Healing Cancer from the Inside Out. You can watch a preview of the DVD on their site. Have a blessed day!

Sandra

Blogger Toknowhim said...

I found your site through Lysa T.'s site... What an inspiration your family is, and especially your adorable son, Nick. I will pray for your family... Blessings, Kim

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How amazing to hear the way that God worked in bringing you ladies together at the table during the conference. I am praying that you will be greatly encouraged by our God who Encourages and that His healing hand will be evident.

Susan

Blogger Luanne said...

Praying for rainbows all along your path, each day, to remind you all of God's goodness and faithfulness.

Blogger Sally Ferguson said...

Tammy,
Keep looking for that Sonburst through the storms.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in the shelter of His hand. May He reveal His miraculous touch on Nick's health!
Blessings to you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, I wandered over here from another blog. My heart and prayers are with you. I wish I knew what to say - I can't even imagine. But God knows -- and for you, I pray for peace, strength and understanding that only the good Lord can provide.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy:

Many people in our church are praying for you and your family. But only God loves Nick more than you and Tim. So I pray that God will hear and answer your prayers for your precious son. I wish I had your faith and your gift for sharing it with others. Nick is already a success in all the ways that matter.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me