Reaching to the Son

Ps. 92:12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree.....




I looked up from my lawn chair one day in the Bahamas (on Nick's Make A Wish Trip-believe me, the Bahamas wouldn't normally be a vacation option for our family) and this was the view above my head! I just had to take a picture! It took my breath away! The palm branches so beautifully shading me, but at the same time, the sun was shining through the leaves so purposely.


I couldn't help but think of my life as a Christian, striving to reach toward the Son everyday and how in striving Jesus somehow manages to use my life to shine through for someone else in spite of my bulky branches. He is like that! He takes what we have and He uses it! He shines through when we reach toward Him!''


So as we leave early in the morning for Cincinnati Children's Hospital for a very critical appointment for Nick with a new doctor, my prayer is that God will continue to use us to share His love with those we meet along the way and that He will receive all of the glory!


Thank you for every prayer for Nick. Thank you. God bless you all!



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, this past week I've seen several comments on Facebook to pray for Nick, and somehow we've not been getting updates (several of our e-mails were hacked and we've had to start over), so I was googling Nick and found your blog. We want you to know our hearts are with you, and we will be praying for Nick and for you all today as you go to the doctor. Thanks for being so honest in all you've gone through - what an inspiration.

Blessings,
Mandy Martin

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

May your hearts be filled with peace as you trust in Him. Know that you are in everyone's thoughts and prayers today and that we go with you in spirit. More importantly though, the Lord goes with you and He will strengthen you and help you every step of the way. He will continue to hold you up with His victorious right hand.

With much love and many blessings,

Bonnelle

Blogger Marla said...

Tim and Tammy, We are all safer in the center of God's will for us than anywhere else on earth. God loves Nick even more than you do (...seems impossible, doesn't it?), and He is hiding Nick in the shelter of His wings and keeping him safe. Psalms 91:4--"He will cover you with his feathers (...what protection!!), and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Pete and my prayers are with your family. We love you! Marla

Blogger Paula V said...

What a beautiful picture to go along with your beautiful spirit.

I know you are long gone. I've lifted you all in my prayers and will continue to do so.

Much love,
Paula

Blogger Susan said...

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be
afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

Praying for you all as the SON continues to shine forth so brightly through your lives and testimony.

Storming the heavens with you,

Susan

Blogger Christina said...

Praying for Nick and that his new doctor will be able to help him.

Blogger Carmen said...

I was just talking about you and Nick and your family this morning...to the LORD! HE's gone before you...
Baruch HaShem ADONAI!

" The LORD is the One who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." ~ Deuteronomy 31:8

Blogger Addicted to Beadz said...

Tammy,

I pray you received good news today. I pray God wraps his loving arms around Nick and your entire family.

Praying!
Cheryl

Post a Comment

Home

About Me