Psalm 139


















1 O LORD,you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Tonight, I reflect on a moment during Nick's Make A Wish trip when I took a picture of my feet in the sand. I was just taking random photos and never thought that I would come back to this picture as a reminder of the vastness of God's thoughts! I am amazed more and more every day at just how powerful and loving and all-knowing God truly is!!!! Thank you for every prayer!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting with you early this morning. Out on my back porch, having some conversations with God, I felt called to return to your blog and God blessed me this morning by what you wrote. It is so hot here right now, we are hardly going outside at all but I am an outside person. I love the outdoors and am closest to God there. This morning, early, my boys wanted to play in the backyard, which is the only time of day it is shaded and anything less than scorching. I sat with you and God this morning and shared a prayer for Nick. Thinking of you!
Love,
Laurie

Blogger Addicted to Beadz said...

Tammy,

Love the picture and the scriptures. Praying for Nick's appt tomorrow! I read your posts on your other blog. They both spoke in great volume! With my sister having brain cancer as well I've said many times in the last months, "There is no better gift than the gift of prayer." I just know there are prayers storming Heaven on behalf of Nick and your family!

Thank you for sharing your heart!
Cheryl

Blogger Paula V said...

Tammy,
The Psalms can speak to our souls in the midst of our storms and the pain of our hearts. When I came here, I felt like you posted a Psalm in the quietness of your soul just saying "this is my heart to God".

I love you pic...cute toesies!

I see from Cheryl's comment Nick has an appointment tomorrow and you have another blog. I'll have to search that.

Love and prayers,
Paula

Blogger Sheryl said...

Beautiful words!!

I went to Nick's site and see that the appt is tomorrow. I will be praying. When I go to his blog, it just brings such a smile to my face to see your beautiful family. How blessed you are!

Love to you,
Sheryl

Post a Comment

Home

About Me