Clinging to the Thumbs Up!!

If you have never been to Nick's website and scrolled down through his story, you may not know that in 2006 we began taking pictures of friends and family with their thumbs up after Nick's successful surgery.

About four weeks later, my mom was driving on the interstate to our house for Nick's radiation treatments to begin and saw this cloud above the trees. She saw the entire hand but by the time she searched her purse for her camera while driving at full speed, she was only able to get the top half. I told her the whole promise of God's presence was meant to be seen by "her eyes only," but I am so glad we were all able to see a portion of it!

This past winter a week before Nick's MRI that showed yet another tumor, a dear friend of mine just happened to be with me in Columbus when her daughter called from Illinois to share about the ultrasound picture of her baby-a perfect thumbs up! She had no idea I was with her mom at the time!

Many other miraculous things have happened with a thumbs up and with other symbols of God's presence in our lives.

I cling to these as we await a critical day for Nick tomorrow. He has a bone scan at 8:15 a.m. in Cincinnati. The results of this test are extremely critical to Nick's prognosis.

As we wait, we trust God for strength, hope, patience, peace, love, mercy, grace, and protection.

Thank you for praying for Nick with us.

With my thumb up,


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly little thing here Tammy, but wanted to share. This morning in SS thinking about Nick as we prayed, I realized that I always pray like little kids; fingers crossed in a ball, with, guess what... both thumbs up!!!

Tonight during Nicks vigil I will consciously talk with God about that fascinating coincidence. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when the Lord sends us "signs" along lifes journey...very, very cool!!

Still praying in PA.

God bless!

Kim

Blogger Addicted to Beadz said...

Tammy,

Praying for great results!

Cheryl

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

Joining with you tonight in prayer. May God bless you all with good results tomorrow and give you peace & strength in the days ahead.

Much love to you!

Bonnelle

Blogger Susan said...

Praying with my thumbs up!!! All the way in South Carolina tonight.

Always on my heart and in my prayers...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I sent an email to your address tammynischan@yahoo.com with some pictures from a girl's event at my church that we had today. We had some special prayer for Nick and made some things that I hope will be an encouragement to you all. Take a look when you get a chance. If I need to send it to another account let me know -- bbradley@kcu.edu.

We're praying!

Blogger Micca said...

Tammy,
I was made aware of your sweet son's condition today through Glynnis at Proverbs 31. I wanted to send you and your son both a "thumbs up." I'm praying and expecting great things!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Thumbs up here for you and yours!

Have you heard that song God Speaks or God Speaking by Mandisa? I thought of her beautiful song as I read this.

Blogger The Nester said...

totally love that!

thank you so much for sharing! i love how you are on the look out for so many visible signs! I want to be more like that!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me