Cherish Today........

heaths suit and more 0021_resize Six memory boxes sit by my family room door waiting to be mailed to six different families who have lost children in the past few months.

Last night, I wrote six cards then taped and addressed each box. Today Tim will deliver them to my friend Brenda who will mail them to South Dakota, Ohio, Indiana, and several other places.

Please whisper a prayer for the families that will be opening these boxes while their hearts are hurting. Pray that God will speak to them through the words in the books and that somehow in the midst of their pain they will find Him in a very personal way.

As I think of packages that we often label "Fragile: Handle with Care," I am reminded that life should be labeled with the same words.

How will you spend today?

Cherish each moment. Handle those around you with care.

Life is fragile.

This can be a frightening thought on many days, fearing the unknown and feeling unprepared for loss of any kind.

Believe me, I understand the fear of death.

But I feel compelled this morning to share that somehow, through the strength that only God can give, your fear can be released and a freedom can be discovered that truly goes beyond human understanding.

I still struggle. I still have tough, tough days. However, God is taking me to a new level of faith that fills more days with peace than sadness.......I don't know how.

I just know Him.

Praying that today you find this kind of peace in a life filled with fragile moments.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Cherish today in peace,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Christine said...

Wishing there weren't 6 boxes at your door, but thankful you're providing them, and praying for those families.

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,

I so needed this today. I too have felt so very fragile at times. I know shortly after Malorie went to Heaven, I didn't even want to be left alone. We were at a ballgame and my husband went to the r.r. I was a wreck when he came back!

Today is Malorie's Birthday. She always celebrated in a big way so I'm sure today, "Heaven is rockin!"

God is good. Yes, sometimes sad things happen. But God is good!

What an awesome day it will be when we get to spend every birthday and holiday, and just everyday with our angels!

love you,
natalie

Blogger Melanie said...

Me too. And so thankful for our connection here and in Heaven.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me