Battlefield of the Mind: Week 15

The Mind of Christ

Removing negative thinking from our minds requires determination, perseverance, and lots of prayer.

Beginning to think like Jesus demands even more of all of the above along with the belief that verses like I Corinthians 2:16 are speaking directly to us,

"For who has known or understood the mind of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge?  But we have the mind of Christ and do hold the thoughts of His heart."

In chapter 15 of Battlefield of the Mind, Joyce lists three things to do to help us "flow in the mind of Christ."

First, she says, "Be Positive."  Shew.  This one isn't easy for me.  Believe me when I say that "being positive" does not come naturally for me.   I have had to (and still have to) make the decision over and over again to think positive thoughts and feel positive emotions.  I am thankful that God is patient and full of mercy, because many days I fall very short of being the positive person God longs for me to be.

Second, we need to be "God-minded."  This means that when we are thinking about things, we need to remember that God is with us.  Jesus had continual fellowship with His Father, and if we want to have a mind like Jesus, then we need to stay in close fellowship with God too.  I love the picture of the business man sitting at his desk having a consultation with Jesus, who is sitting on the other side of the desk.  If we could simply remember that no matter where we are GOD IS WITH US.....that would be life-changing, wouldn't it?

Finally, we need to be "God-loves-me" minded.  Romans 5:8 says that "God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Wrapping my mind around that kind of love is impossible.  Realizing that God loved me enough to allow His Son to die in my place.......brings me to my knees.

I remember at Nick's funeral that one of the things I shared was how I was beginning to understand how God must feel when people reject His Son when I thought about how I would feel if anyone knew Nick and then chose not to live for Jesus. 

To see your Son die and then have people reject Him-and then still choose to LOVE those people....that's how big God's love is.  My love isn't that perfect yet, and I'd say it never will be while I'm on this planet.

I long to have a mind like Christ.

Maybe Multitude Mondays is exactly what I need right now.  An awareness of all the gifts of gratitude I owe Him.

Praying for you as you strive to think more like Him everyday,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me