Being Still............

Sometimes we choose to sit and simply listen for God's voice.

Other times we're forced to sit.

I've had a lot of forced "sitting" throughout my life. 

Waiting in waiting rooms, waiting for test results, waiting for answers, waiting for kids to be done with different kinds of practices (piano soccer, basketball, and on and on.), waiting for kids to arrive home from dates........

Sometimes I've  used these sitting and waiting times for good.

I've prayed.  I've read.  I've written.  I've soaked in God's presence.

Other times, though, I've blown it.

I've flipped through pointless tabloids to see which movie star is doing what.

I've fretted.

I've chewed my nails.

I've focused on me, my health, my kids' health, the world, and on and on.... rather than on Him.

Lately, and it's no secret, I've been in a valley.

A depth of despair that has superseded most depths to which I have traveled.

I have allowed stress to consume my thoughts, my actions, my spirit.

And God, in His faithfulness and in His time, has heard my cry.

I love the verse that says,

"I waited patiently for the Lord.  He turned to me and heard my cry."

Today, I've allowed God to speak a lot.

We didn't have school, and I was able to watch three different sermons on the Holy Spirit. 

I spent some time outside enjoying the sunshine.  My classroom has no windows, so it felt WONDERFUL to be in the fresh air!

Tomorrow I'll share about a book I've been reading and offer another give-away!

No matter how deep the valleys we travel, I am comforted to know that God is there........

All My Love,



2 Comments:

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,

Your last couple blog entries have been such a blessing! This past Fri. Sawyer, our son, and on his 18th birthday, had a serious injury in just the 3rd play of our playoff football game.

He was knocked completely out and they rushed him away in the ambulance thinking it was a serious spinal injury.

We immediately began to pray, (and cry) for God to watch over Sawyer. As we left the game, I heard the announcer ask the crowd to stop and pray for Sawyer before the game started up again.

Prayer is so powerful. As the dr. was checking Sawyer, he told us it looked serious. Several friends and family met in the waiting room and began to pray.

After about 30 min., Sawyer began to come around, he started to move his feet and then began to ask when he could leave and were we winning the game.

After an hour and 20 min., the Dr. came in and said Sawyer could leave but to rest and that he would be very very sore and have a bad headache for several days.

We made it back to see our boys play the last 20 sec. of the game and win it too! The miracle is that Sawyer made it back for the team picture and he is holding the game ball the team gave him!!!

This week he has NOT been sore at all and only had a slight headache. What an amazing God we serve!!!

It is such a comfort to know God is in control.

Thinking and praying for you this month Tammy.

much love,
natalie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,

This was such a blessing to read. I too am so far in down in the valley, I've almost forgotten what the mountaintops feel like.

I know they are there. I know I'll travel there with Jesus someday.

Some days though, it's so hard to remember to look up to those hills where my help comes from.

Thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone and for reminding me to keep looking up.

Judi

Post a Comment

Home

About Me