Perseverance..........

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming.

See how the farmer waits for

the land to yield its

valuable crop,

patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.  You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. 

Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.

As you know, we count as blessed

those who have persevered.

You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

James 5:7-11

One of my favorite verses in my grief has been.......


Those who sow with tears will reap

with songs of joy.

Psalm 126:5

I feel very convicted this morning.  I am not being patient as I wait for the harvest.

I want songs of joy now.

I have choruses from time to time in my life.

I hear the music often in my head...the music of hope.

But still....... I do not feel I have reached the day of "songs of joy."

AND HONESTLY,

I don't believe I'll totally reach that day until I stand before God and hear the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

So, what do I do with that knowledge???

I believe this morning God is saying to me, "I am full of compassion and mercy, so be patient and stand firm.  I am coming soon!"

When I wrap my mind around that promise, I feel better.

I want to be considered "one who persevered..."

Not just in my grief, but in my daily life.

I am under a great deal of stress at work, and I find myself wanting to run.

Deep inside, I know God wants me to persevere.

He has a plan for me, and this is one short chapter in my life story.

A chapter that I do not want to ruin, but in many ways I am....


I spend way too much time in self-doubt.

I spend way too much time unhappy.

I spend way too much time in a state of stress.

 

Is there something in your life that you cannot change but want to?

If so, do what I am going to do today.........

I'm laying everything at the foot of the cross.

 

I'm asking God to take over and make it very clear to me as to how to finish out this chapter.

 

Like a farmer, I want to patiently wait for the autumn and spring rains...

which means that I must endure some hot, dry summers and some bitter, cold winters..

PATIENTLY.

 

Oh, Lord, forgive me.

Give me strength I do not have.

Give me wisdom I am lacking.

Give me peace that passes human understanding.

Help me be a light to students and to other teachers who are carrying heavy loads this year too.

You open doors for a reason, Lord.

Help me to trust You, who began a good work, to be faithful to complete it.

Help me persevere, Lord.

Help me have the patience of a farmer waiting for his harvest as I sow in tears.

You are all-knowing, all-powerful, and Almighty.

Lord, I place all my stress in Your hands and ask in return for Your blessings and comfort.

Lord, this life is meaningless without You.

Thank you, Father, for being You.

My Lord, My Protector, My Redeemer, My Everything.

I give you my grief, my job, my health.......

Thank you for holding them in the same hands with which You created the universe.

I know they are safe there.

In Your Son's Precious Name,

Amen

 



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke this morning feeling a little down. I immediately went to my readings. It's so reassuring that we have God to talk to and know that no matter what goes on in our life he will lead us to where we need to be. Because of the job you have it is a struggle each day trying to meet so many needs of the students,the demands of the district for the kids to be successful even though some don't want to even be in school, and combine that with our personal family lives. STRESS is at its all time high which is definitely not good for our health. Been there as I have told you many times. I loved your prayer to Him this morning, lay it a his feet. I know He hears us. I wonder what He wants us to do with all these struggles at times. I know we must sit patiently at His feet to hear what he expects, listen for his guidance. I keep hoping to hear from you via email. I sent a couple and one with my phone number so that we could talk instead of write. Please take each day a little slower, look at those kids with your heavenly heart and do what you can each day. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hugs to you, a friend in the Lord, Sandy

Anonymous Tammy said...

Sandy

I love you so much! I haven't been responding to many emails lately. I am so sorry. I always live hearing from you and am excited to tell you that I am going to use your literature circle ideas this trimester!! I will call over the holiday break ;). Much, much love, Tammy ;)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me