What is it going to take????

The Lord says:


"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.


Isaiah 29:13



Am I the only person whose prayer life wavers from day to day?


Clinging to God for every breath seems so much more necessary on the dark days.


When things get just a little easier, though,


I lean on myself.


I trust in my own strength.


I rely on my own ability to make decisions.......


THEN SOMETHING HAPPENS.



Part of the world is turned upside down around me, and I find myself crying out more fervently.


I search my phone for the number of someone I can talk to who can comfort me, give me wise counsel; but I know deep, deep inside of me that only God can take these burdens and carry them.


So I pray.


Honest, transparent, raw...


I dump it all out, even though for weeks I've kept it all in or only shared it with a few other human beings.


Suddenly, my heart seems drawn straight to the One who made my heart.


He knows me.


He knows everything about the situation I am in the midst of and He cares.


He's never surprised when things happen.


Nothing catches Him off guard.



So, I turn to Him who already knew to tell Him what He already knows......


and I feel better.


Finally.


Released.


Somewhat free.


Thankful that there is Someone who can take ANY situation and "work it out for good."



And I realize that every single day of my life, God is working to draw me (and you) CLOSER and CLOSER to Him.


Whatever it takes.


He doesn't simply want our words to be about Him.


He doesn't merely want our obedience to His rules.



He wants our hearts.


Fully, completely, surrendered to His plan.



The Bible promises in Jeremiah 29:11 that His plans for us are good......He doesn't want to harm us. He longs to give us a Hope and a future!



Lord, forgive me for the days when my heart is so caught up in "me" that I don't reach out to You.


You are my everything.


In Jesus' Name, Amen



I'm praying for all of you, too. I'm praying that if today is an easy day, you'll turn to God in praise. If it's a tough day, I'm praying you'll turn to God for help. If it's a lonely day, I'm praying you'll turn to God for comfort. If it's a stressful day, I'm praying you'll turn to God for peace. And no matter, what I'm praying you'll turn to God in thanks.


All My Love,









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy I pray for you daily and today made me want to reach out to the phone and call you, but I do not have your number. I know you are struggling so much with what you have shared via email. You always get where you need to be daily with God. We all struggle with not letting go and let God. We are humans. I am so thankful we have Him to turn to each day to help bring us back to reality and to realize if we let go, He is in control even though we are not. I also love my earthly friend who listens and just hears me out and perhaps gives me another perspective. Between the Lord and my friend their listening ears cerainly help me along the way. This morning I was just reading about praying for guidance and being able to listen for the inner voice and to know it is God talking to me. We are here for a reason, God is still teaching us daily through our struggles. I pray your struggle is lessened today and you find inner peace with the decisions you need to make. Pray diligently and you know He will answer. He always does, but it may not be what we think it should be and He will guide us. Hugs to you my new friend in the Lord. Sandy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me