When You Just Can't Take One More Thing............

Stress seems to be a key emotion these days in so many of our lives.

And I'm wondering what the pioneers would say.

We have dishwashers, microwaves, washers, dryers (Mine is working again. Smile )

We have cell phones, computers, DVRs, and on and on and on......

And yet somehow we've managed to pack each day so full that we find it more and more difficult to breathe.

So, I'm just thinking that when we reach a point where we think we can't take "one more thing,"

We have to be honest.

We have to tell someone.

We have to let something go.

We have to say, "ENOUGH!!"

We have to speak up for ourselves and for everyone around us.

And then we have to walk away from everything that is screaming for our time and just BE.

Be with Him.

Be still.

Be quiet.

Be aware.

Be fully present.

Be ourselves.

Be alone.

Be with a friend.

Be at a picnic.

Be whatever it is that we are longing to be........but can't seem to find a way to "be."

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT????

Because God says so.

 

He says, "Come to me....I will give you rest." 

He says, "Be still and know that I am God."

He says, "When you are weak, I am strong."

He says, "My burden is easy.  My yoke is light."

He says, "I came to give abundant life."

He says, "Find rest in me.  I am your Rock and your fortress."

He says, "Wait patiently for me.  I will lift you up."

 

I don't know what you're facing today, but I do know what I'm facing and I cannot face everything in my life alone.

I need Him beside me.

I need Him holding me.

I need Him every minute of every day.

 

And I believe you need Him too.

 

So, wherever you are, whatever you're facing, know that you are being prayed for, you are loved, and you are not alone.

EVER.

Have a happy Monday,



4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnelle Pagel said...

Happy Monday sweet Tammy!

Thanks for this much needed reminder to just... pause... and focus on what matters most. HIM.

I love you! Have a fabulous day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to read today. thanks for helping your friends along the way. Have a wonderful day. Sandy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good, Tammy. Love it!

Blogger Sandy said...

Hey Tammy this is exactly why I deactivated my Facebook account. Life always seemed to be centered around Facebook. We have also cut out television during the week. It wasn't so difficult for me as I watched very little television anyway but the hubby and my son are trying to get used to it. Now that Facebook is deactivated and the television is off we all talk more and we read more. We are together and not just in the same room as we were when one was watching television, one was on Facebook and one was on the internet. My little boy and I cuddle on the couch and read books together.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me