Holding On Even When You're Scared and Overwhelmed...........

A few weeks ago, I went to King's Island as a sponsor on a high school youth group trip.

July end August beginning 022

We had such a fun day, and I loved the kids who rode in the van I was driving.

(Other than being forced to listen to country music, we had a perfectly wonderful trip to and from Cincinnati.)

When we first entered the park, Olivia noticed the huge metal poles that were part of the "skydiving" ride.

Having no fear, she said, "I'm going to do that before we leave."

The whole day passed by and as we neared the end of the day, we found ourselves near this ride.

Once again, Olivia mentioned wanting to give it a try.

Of course there was a 50% off special on the day we were there, so anyone could experience the thrill of falling from an incredibly high elevation for only $10.

Who wouldn't want to free-fall from a point higher than almost every roller coaster in the park with only a cable to support you at such a great price? 

(I'm joking)

Olivia managed to find two friends from our youth group  who were willing to take the plunge, and we all stayed to witness their insanity.

July end August beginning 076

July end August beginning 078

July end August beginning 079

July end August beginning 080

July end August beginning 089

July end August beginning 091

July end August beginning 092

After being dropped, screaming the whole way down, and surviving the ordeal, they wanted to watch the video of their experience on the monitor beside the ride.

As we were standing and waiting for their video to be placed on a DVD, a woman was watching the video of her husband and son.

The King's Island employee paused on the picture below, and the mom loved it so much I offered to take a picture and text it to her.

July end August beginning 096

When I got home and looked through my photos, this picture kept catching my eye.

I texted the family again and asked for permission to share it on my blog.

It shows such a beautiful picture of how life can feel when we know God is with us........even in the free fall moments - the terrifying, unbelievably scary times in life, we are safe.

Look at the boy's face.

Look at his dad's face.

Look at the boy's arms securely wrapped around the dad's right arm.

Who is in control?

In life, we often find ourselves overwhelmed, scared, and unsure about what to do next.

THE ONLY WAY WE CAN TRULY SURVIVE THESE TIMES WITH PEACE AND CONFIDENCE IN LIFE IS BY HOLDING ON TIGHT TO THE ARM OF HIM WHO CREATED US.

Even when we don't feel like it's true, God has our lives "under control."

He is always working.

He has a plan.

Today, I challenge you to regain your grip on our Father's arm and enjoy the ride even when you're terrified!

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

Psalm 73:23-24



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, I read a number of your blogs this morning and was so encouraged to keep on trusting God. I was recently reminded of the verse: in this world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer...how is that possible? FOR I have overcome the world. How to go on after such tremendous losses...
Thanks,
Martha

Post a Comment

Home

About Me