5K Memory Walk/Run Quickly Approaching.....

Last night several women joined me to help make the posters and clouds for the memory walk which will take place a week from Saturday in our small town in Kentucky. 

Clouds will line the route, bearing names of those we love who are "surrounding" us from above.  My dream is for this race to remind people that even though we have had to say "bye" temporarily to many whom we love, they are still with us in a powerful way...

cheering us on!!

I am so thankful the BIble includes Hebrews 12:1-2,

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,

let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame,

and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God

This walk/run is being hosted by Nick's Foundation and will provide help in purchasing memory box supplies.  A portion of the proceeds will also be going to diabetes research in memory of a sweet girl named Snowy Hall who was killed in  a car accident two years ago.  Funds will also be shared with a family in our town whose daughter is facing multiple surgeries in the near future.5k memories 002

 

 

5k memories 007

 

I'm thankful for so many  who want to be involved in this event!5k memories 008

5k memories 011

5k memories 014

5k memories 017

5k memories 020

5k memories 031

5k memories 022

5k memories 026

5k memories 035

The only direction that matters!!!  UP!!!!

5k memories 027

5k memories 018

 

I hope your day is filled with moments where you are reminded in special ways that your loved ones are surrounding you!

Knowing I am being cheered on by not only Moses, Abraham, Joshua, and so many Bible characters but also Nick, Adrienne, and so many more I love and miss keeps me pressing on to the finish line!!

Press on today!!

I love you,



3 Comments:

Blogger Leveta said...

Tammy:
What a wonderful way to show off for God what can be done when people are obedient to his calling.Praying you get a good turn out and raise lots of $.WIsh I lived closer so I could be involved.I am participating in the pregnancy care center walk on Oct.!st. I love being a part of GOd's work.
Leveta

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep you all in my prayers as you walk to honor your loved ones for the memory walk. Tammy you are such an inspiration to all of us who read this blog. You certainly have taken on God's work. Your work is endless. Stay healthy in doing all of this.

Sandy

Blogger Unknown said...

If you have a spare cloud could you put my late husband's name on one. Maurice. Also is there anywhere on line where a donation could be made? Like paypal or something.

I do pray that it is all a wonderful success and gives great joy.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me