How He Works.......

I arrived at school a little later than I like this morning, thankful for my first period planning time so I could get my boards ready and papers copied.

Not long after arriving, though, the secretary peeked in my room and asked if I could possibly cover for Mr.H, the teacher next door, who had run into trouble on the Interstate on his way to work.

Of course I said, "Yes," but deep inside I was having that sick feeling of "I needed this time to be ready for today..what am I going to do now."

As I sat down at Mr. H's desk and the students begin to file in, I looked at his desk and then I knew.........

I knew why he was running late.

I knew why I was sitting there today at 8 a.m. in a desk I had never sat behind much less been near.

I needed to see his desk up close and personal.  I needed to read the teacher's prayer that was on a cross sitting in front of me.

I needed to read another small plaque that said,

You may not know all the details of your journey or clearly see where the trail is leading, but God will always give you enough light to take the next step."  

Roy Lessin

I needed to read more words that were right there in front of me,

To know Him is to love Him and to love Him is to trust Him. 

Richard Exley

I could have cried as I sat and soaked up all of these messages.  My breath almost left me as I leaned back and realized that God, the orchestrator life, had divinely pulled me into a room so close to my own to read words that would draw me nearer to Him.

Tonight I lay in bed with a stuffy nose, Olivia curled up next to me and everyone else in the house sleeping except for Tim who is working on something on the kitchen computer.  My eyes are heavy but my heart feels just a little lighter.  I walked tonight.  Walking always clears my head a bit, and I was able to stop and visit with a couple friends along the way......thank you, friends, for understanding my tears which seem to be slipping from my eyes extra-easily and much more often lately.

Oh, I love God so much.

I know He hears my prayers, and I know He loves me.

He keeps me looking up even when I am feeling down.

I love you all so much, too. 

Your precious words keep me pressing on. 

Thank you for every prayer you lift for me and for my family..

Praying for you as I fall to sleep.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back again. What wonderful words your co-worker had sitting on his desk. After I wrote last night, I began to think about what you said about how you feel. I don't know how old you are, but it may also be the big M word for women who reach a wonderful time in their life. It isn't fun for some while others just fly through it. That could also be part of what makes you feel the way you do. And the good Lord can't help with that, we just pray it doesn't last for a long time. I know all about that too being 64. Happy to hear that walking helps you. Swimming does that for me. I will continue to pray for you and hope things settle so that you can enjoy life. My niece made a comment, "Enjoy the moment, be happy". With that said, take care of yourself. Sandy from MD

Blogger Patti said...

Always loving you, my friend....
The journey is a hard one... sometimes so sad we don't think we can take another breath....
then, sometimes, so filled with awesome blessings, we can't help but rejoice in Him....
Thank you, Tammy, for sharing the real you... with us....
HIS,
patti

Anonymous Robyn C said...

Hugs to you Tammy. It is nice to read a blog where the person is real, not pretending that everything is perfect and easy. It makes me realize that others have struggles too and to see how you keep going in spite of the difficulty gives me inspiration, hope-- courage to do the same. Praying for you.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me