Prayer and Fear
Deep faith comes through trusting God in spite of our fear. This makes prayer complicated to me in one way and very freeing in another.

In just an hour and a half I am taking Nick for bloodwork and an appointment with his pediatrician because he is not feeling well and we are concerned. On the one hand, I ask for prayer that Nick is okay. I beg God to totally heal Nick. And yet, because of my deep faith in God, I trust Him no matter what.

That's where prayer gets complicated for me. What I long for I no longer expect. What I ask for I no longer feel entitled to. So as I pray, my heart and mind leap back and forth from my human mommy heart to my trusting child-of-the-King heart. This dancing between both worlds can be exhausting.

And yet I trust.

This is where prayer is freeing. I place Nick in God's hands daily and especially today as I prepare to tell him that we are headed to Ashland for an appointment (he won't be happy about a needle). Once I situate Nick right on the lap of His Creator, nestled in the arms of the One who knew him before He was even born, I feel peace. Where else would I want Nick right now?

So today, I understand the verses that talk about "fear and trembling" in the presence of the Lord. For, as I trust Him I also do not know His plans. So I humbly ask for healing for Nick. I ask for wisdom for the doctors, and I ask for peace for Nick as he faces this day.

I pray Joshua 1:9 with Nick's name. "Nick, be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord our God is with you wherever you go."


3 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Praying for Nick and for you sweet new friend. Loved how you said, "This dancing between both worlds can be exhausting. And yet I trust." You keep on trusting in the One who will always be there for you.

Blogger Paula V said...

Yes, I too know the dance all too well between the two worlds of our human desires yet our childly faith in our King. It is a dance I'm tired of and a dance I think I have the stepped memorized. Different situation than yours but still the dance.

You are right where God wants you: in His arms and resting at His feet.
Love,
Paula

Blogger Susan said...

Oh Tammy,

I'm storming the heavens for you as you continue this battle for Nick.

God knows your heart and the dance you are in. I love your honesty and your passion, they testify of the faithfulness of our MIGHTY GOD.

I'm lifting your arms up now in prayer.

I'm trusting with you~

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Standing with you♥

Post a Comment

Home

About Me