A New Friend!


God is so amazing! Who would have ever thought that a former motorcycle gang member would become a prayer warrior for Nick?!?!

This is a photo of Ennis with Nick. Our family stayed in his home while in Virginia for the motorcycle ride-in this past weekend. On the way to his house, we wondered what he would be like. All we knew was that he was the 6th member of the gang "The Pagans" back in the 60s and that he has only been a Christian for about 10 years.

When we arrived, it was immediately apparent that he was a special person! His smile said it all! We had such a great time getting to know him, and it was so much fun to see how excited he was about all of the motorcycles pulling into the church parking lot (especially the Harleys-his personal favorite!)

I cried when I hugged him to say goodbye! I felt as if I had known him for a lifetime! I couldn't help but think about how wonderful Heaven is going to be! So many new friends and NO GOODBYES!



3 Comments:

Blogger Paula V said...

God is SOOO good! I'm so glad He blessed you with this encounter and with this special time. How precious, indeed.

I look forward to visiting your sight regularly.

We are almost neighbors...I live in Southern Indiana. We are probably no more than four hours apart at the most.

Love to you, my friend,
Paula

Blogger Van said...

Tammy, Our family has been side swiped over the past several weeks so I have not been over the read your posts, but today I did. I have prayed for you and the surgery to go well. All the posts have been a joy to read. Thank you for saying you were somewhere around Ashland. I lived in Maysville for many years. I hope everyting continues to go well for Nick and I look forward to seeing you at She Speaks in 2 weeks!! Bring me some KY dirt!

Blogger Sharon said...

Blessings to you and your Family, I will be praying for Nick and all your children.

Our Lord gives us missions to accomplish, I believe you have yours, and I will pray that you and your family will get through all of this.

Love your sight!
Sharon

Post a Comment

Home

About Me