Update on Nick
Dear Prayer Warriors,

Thank you for your prayers and all of your emails of encouragment....I am sorry I can't reply to all of them right now. I slip out to send an update and use a computer that can only be used for a limited time, but I read EVERY email that is sent and they make me smile!

We don't feel alone!

Nick has slept all morning. After our trauma this morning with Nick's IVS, I am thrilled to report that his antibiotic continued to go in smoothly with the heating pad and slower pace. When Dr. Kosnik (Nick's brain surgeon) stopped by, I asked him about Nick's IVs and he told the nurse, "Pull them out." I love that man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love our nurse! Super Donna is back from last night, and she is hilarious! She has kept us laughing.

Earlier another doctor came in while Nick was sleeping and saw our little signs hanging on Nick's bed that said, "Nick is 13!" AND "Happy birthday, Nick!" She made a sad face and said, "It's his birthday." I just nodded. Then I kind-of grinned and whispered, "Not really...we just did that for sympathy." And then told her I was kidding. She started laughing, and mom said we should have a basket for gifts. She thought that was so funny and told Donna to get a bed pan! Donna went and got the oldest bed pan style she could find and the doctor taped Nick's sign to it and Tim threw in a couple of dollars. Then Donna went and got a dollar to put in it! It was so funny!

As the doctor left, she said, "Can I get you anything?" I just said, "An audience!"

Oh, what a nice break from all of the tears yesterday!

Nick now has one IV out and as I left to send this the other was getting ready to come out. We ordered breakfast and after he eats we will go down to 3TS. I'll let you know the room number when I find out. Last night, Nick was eating a bowl of cereal and said, "I don't mind being here with the free food...it's good." We cracked up. Dr. Kosnik said that Nick looks good!

He is pleased!

I need to get back up to the room. Keep praying!

Keep those thumbs up! We love you all so much!

Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength! We just keep waiting!

Labels: , , , , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Living Beyond said...

Hillarious - during my time of sifting (that I am still going through) I am learning what it means for God's joy to be my stength - He must just smile down upon you - you are a living example of what hope is. Nick sounds like he is doing really well.

May your stergnth be renewed in Jesus Name!

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for your update! So excited to hear such good news as well to know that your medical team is so special! Keep up those smiles and laughter (and remember God sees every tear as well). Nick is amazing!!

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!!

Keeping you all in our prayers,

Jennifer

Blogger Sheryl said...

You have NO idea what it meant to me to read your comment on my blog. That you would take the time to come over for a "visit" speaks volumes to me.

Glad to read this post and that you're finding humor! I'm sure this is the last way Nick wants to be spending his birthday...I hope you enjoy your Indiana Jones marathon.

Again, your encouragment was just what this heart needed.

Much love,
Sheryl

Blogger Paula V said...

Hi Tammy. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so glad you found me so that I could find you! I've read the last five or so of your posts to be able to "catch up". First, you are beautiful and definitely don't look "old" enough to have a 20 year old!!!!

My heart goes out to you but I rejoice in how well Nick is doing and how well you are "handling" all the trials of life. God tells us in James 1:2 to consider it pure joy when we have trials of many kinds....that's an understatement for what you've endured. You are living beyond your trials and I can tell you are fully relying upon the Lord. Praise God for that.

I will be bookmarking your webpage and will be back.

Also, I noticed that you said your goal for 2008 is to memorize many verses of the Bible. Me too. I have a page full (small print) of verses I want to memorize. It seems every day there's another verse that I read and think oh I should put that on my list. I'm afraid however if my lists grows too large that it will "feel" unconquerable. I've placed one scripture on my dashboard and I think that just might be the trick for me and when I'm driving that's a good time to repeat the verse. Let me try to recite the verse to you now.

Matt. 21:21-22. Jesus said "I tell you the truth, if you have faith, and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree but you can say to this mountain 'go throw yourself in the sea' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Just sitting here typing this I ponder the thought that Jesus knew long ago that one day I would be sitting here, receive a comment from you, right at the same time that I was memorizing this scripture and then quote it to you. I tell you, I only YESTERDAY, printed that scripture and put it on my dash board today.

And people say there is no God...

I pray this comment and this verse ministers to you.

When time allows, I'd love to share/exchange the scriptures we plan to memorize.
Lovingly,
Paula
Happy Birthday to the TEEN! Oh no, a teen! :-) Happy Birthday, Nick.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me