Banana Peels and things like that.................
It's one of "those" days where I find myself surrounded by banana peels and other reminders that sometimes we grab nourishment "whenever and however we can."

Oversleeping, making sure Olivia takes all of her vitamins (that's a whole other story), getting Todd's gift ready for senior night on the tennis court right after school, and checking to see if he has money to pay for senior breakfast tickets, and ordering the cake for Evan and Todd's graduation party (they both graduate-Evan from college, Todd from high school-in the next two weeks!) and on and on.........................

Yes, it was a morning where grabbing a banana and a coffee cup without a lid were my only chances of having a little something in me before I was met by precious middle schoolers who love to share all about their adventures from yesterday and how "so-and-so" likes "so-and-so" and on and on.........................

As I was thinking of how some mornings I am able to enjoy a little more time having breakfast, I thought of how my time with God varies from morning to morning too. Sometimes spiritual nourishment comes in long, quiet times with God.

Other times it comes "whenever and however we can."

Today is one of those days where I'm surviving on a short devotional............................

My book, "Jesus Calling," said, "Thank Me for everything," so I have, and I feel good in spite of banana peels and things like that.

Praying your day is filled with thanksgiving no matter what you are facing!




Phil 4:6






Do not be anxious about anything, bit in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.






Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me