25 Years..........

nashville mallory 0254_resize

It's hard to believe that on Tuesday Tim and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

When we started dating as freshman at Cincinnati Christian University, I know we had no clue just how much we would go through in life together.

We've had lots of great times and we've shared a lot of sadness.......

Raising our kids has been our biggest blessing.

Sharing in ministry has been another HUGE and wonderful part of our marriage.

There have been some moments when I thought we wouldn't make it.

Stress and grief take a toll on people and when you put two people together who are facing the same stress and/or grief, it's not always pretty. :(

But, somehow, by the grace of God, we are still plugging along.

I'm not the same person I was 25 years ago.

In some ways, I am thankful.  In other ways, I realize I have so much further to go in my maturity and my faith.

We've had a special weekend with Erich and Mallory, watching Mallory graduate from college and celebrating our first Christmas with them as a married couple.

Watching them as they laugh together and then thinking of all that life holds for them takes my breath away.

Today as I think about the past 25 years with Tim, I want to make a commitment to pray faithfully for the future of Erich and Mallory as a couple.

And I want to thank God for the grace with which He has covered my marriage.

I couldn't post honestly about our anniversary without saying that marriage for us, while it has been a blessing in so many ways, has also been a labor of love, patience, mercy, grace, and healing.

Still healing,



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Marriage takes a lot of work, in the goood times and the bad times. Take a deep breath and smile, you made it 25 years unlike many who throw in the towel when things get rough. It shows your strength in each other and your faith in our Lord who got you through the roughest of times. And no one knows what lies ahead. Just hang onto each other no matter how tough it gets. When all your kids are grown, you only have each other again like when you first started out. I have been married 41 years. It takes committment to that one person you said I do to many years ago in front of the eyes of God. God bless you you both on your journey together. Sandy

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,
Congratulations! Praying God's Blessings on you for the next 25 years!

Would you email me your address, Ihave something to send you. I had it but have misplaced it.

Have a good week,
natalie.adkins@sjsd.k12.mo.us

Blogger Cheri said...

Quarter of a century...that says it all.

Nice work you two! :)

Blogger Susan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your love continues to endure, and God is glorified through you both.

Wishing you many, many more years of great love.

He is truly the Rock you've built your lives on.

Love you♥

Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! Just think...I was 5 years old when I attended your wedding! Thanks for the great example you and Tim are!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me