It's Okay to Ask........................

John 13:36

Simon Peter asked him, “Lord, where are you going?”
Jesus replied, “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.”

I love this passage.

Even Peter, the disciple who made the famous declaration, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God," didn't fully comprehend what was about to happen as the crucifixion neared.

So many times in our lives we find ourselves in hard places.

We begin asking questions like, "God, what are you doing? Where am I going? Where are you leading?"

And I just LOVE that Jesus is okay with our questions.

He didn't scold Peter.

He didn't make Peter feel shallow or like someone who lacked faith.

He just simply answered him with the truth.

"Where I'm going, you cannot follow now......"

Sometimes we have to be okay with not knowing everything about God's plan.

Sometimes we have to accept that right now is not "the right time."

But, I am so thankful that Jesus didn't just stop there.

He didn't leave Peter feeling disappointed or abandoned.

Jesus was the Prince of Peace, and I believe that everyone who left His presence walked away amazed at the peace that had settled in their hearts simply by being near Him.

So, how did Jesus end this conversation with Peter?

How did Jesus leave Peter with a sense of peace when He knew that very soon Peter would watch Him die a very cruel death?

He said these powerful words,

"But you will follow later."

I love that Jesus knew that even Peter needed Hope.

This verse comforts me and strengthens me and reminds me of this:

Yes, I will always have questions while I'm on this planet.

And that's okay.

Jesus takes my questions and lovingly answers with the truth.

Truth that always ends with HOPE!

He answers your questions in the very same way!

Thankful for the freedom to ask whatever is on my heart and praying you will feel this freedom today too,



1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

I needed this today. Thank you.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me