Who Am I? Who Are You?

It caught Erich and Todd's eye as we entered a restaurant at 3 a.m. on the night of Black Friday (which is a whole other story I'll save for another day)...

thanksgiving weekend 008_resize

Todd even decided it was worth the investment of a quarter...... thanksgiving weekend 009_resize What was it that made them laugh, made them notice, made Todd purchase?

thanksgiving weekend 010_resize

It was this.  A chance to be someone else (not really)....

It's more about the fact that even with a mustache and new eyebrows and sideburns, it was obvious that this was still a little boy......

Don't we hide behind things just as silly?

Smiles when we're having a hard time.

Excuses when we don't feel up to doing what we know we should do.

Our past so we don't feel guilty when we don't move on with God's future for our lives.

So many things to hide behind, but thankfully, God is the true Master...

And he sees through our disguises.  He knows what we're hiding behind.

So, today, I felt challenged to ask myself, "What am I hiding behind?"

I want to live an authentic life.

I know you do too.

Have a great day being YOU!

Love,



3 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Only you could turn fake mustaches into a devotional! I love how you see God in everything around you. You're such an inspiration. Love you. (And we need to see an "after" photo, please!) ;)

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Trish, I love you. :)

I should have mentioned that Todd was disappointed to get a grey mustache and I think embarrassed after buying it .............

I'll have to see if he still has it!

Have a great day!

PS I love my wreaths.........you little sneak!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,

Thanks for the honesty within this story and your life. It's so clear that God is giving you daily insight as you live for Him.

You're a wonderful story teller! Really made me think about my own life.

Thanks,
Morgan Owen

Post a Comment

Home

About Me