The Lost Camera...

Luke 15:8-10

 "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn't she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'  In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

I'm hoping that tomorrow I will be writing a blog post that says,

"Rejoice with me; I have found my lost camera."

Tonight, I remember taking out my camera at youth group to take a picture and my batteries were dead.

Just as I was dropping my camera back into my purse, a middle school girl gave me her camera to use for the picture while another middle school girl asked if she could borrow my cell phone to call her mom........

I remember digging in my purse for my phone after taking the picture and handing my phone to the girl.

After that, I only remember getting home and diving into house cleaning and laundry.

Until now.

Until I finally set down and wanted to write about my day, which meant downloading a few pictures from my.......

MISSING CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!

I've dumped out my purse, been through my coat pockets three times, been to the car twice in Todd's shoes and coat (it is snowing like crazy here!), and retraced my steps several times.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I wake up, I'll be heading to the church to do a search.

Part of me wants to drive up there now, but just my luck a policeman is patrolling the neighborhood since the roads are so bad, and I'm just thinking that a woman in her pajamas at 3 a.m. driving in this kind-of weather is not going to get away with the line,

"I'm looking for my camera."

Most policemen probably don't appreciate the passion of a blogger.....

So, I'm going to have to "let it go" until tomorrow morning (which I know is technically already here, but you know what I mean-morning with sunlight and normal people being awake).

Thinking about how badly I want to find my camera, reminded me of the woman who didn't stop searching until she found her one lost coin.

I'm so thankful that God doesn't stop searching for us.

He doesn't ever get to a point where He chooses to

"let us go."

He is passionate for your soul.

He is passionate for the souls of those you love.

He works in all sorts of ways to reach everyone of us.

He longs to call us all His children.

He is relentless.

He is in pursuit of you and me.


So, I'm going to somehow venture to bed trusting that God knows where my camera is tonight and that maybe, just maybe, I lost it so that these words would be written for someone who feels that God has "moved on" and "let them go."

Nothing could be further from the truth.

God loves you so much that He gave His only Son for you!

Believe me, a sacrifice like that is not one that a parent takes lightly.

God will not stop pursuing you...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn to Him today and accept His Son as your Lord and Savior.

Be baptized so that your sins are forever washed away and live your life for Him!!!!!!!!!!

If you need to talk to someone about making this decision and you don't know who to call, please feel free to email me.  I will find a minister in your area who will answer all your questions.

Heading to bed and praying that my camera will be safe in my hands tomorrow!

Love you all,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me