What Should We Write Down???

James 1:19-21

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

We are studying the book of James in Sunday School.

This past week as we read this section, I was reminded of being in the hospital after having Erich...23 years ago.

At that time in my life, I didn't drink coffee!  Hard to believe now, but very true.

Anyway, as the nurse brought in my tray it had a cup of coffee on it and I said, "Oh, I don't drink coffee.   You might want to write that down."

I believe that I said that because I didn't want to feel bad every time I didn't drink it, but I think when I said it I must have sounded bossy because it is still a joke in our family to this day.

"You might want to write that down."

I've heard that famous sentence for 23 years......

Well, what did God want us to write down??

Look back at the passage above and notice that it says,

"TAKE NOTE OF THIS."

in other words,

"YOU MIGHT WANT TO WRITE THIS DOWN."

Be quick to listen

Slow to speak

and

Slow to become angry

Maybe that's why we feel like we don't "hear" from God as often as we wish we did.

I think He is the King of listening..

He longs to hear from us

And I believe He speaks slowly for a reason.

WHY?

So we will pay attention when He does speak.

Have you ever been around someone who is slow to speak?

When they do talk, people listen because they know the words must be important.

God wants us to hear when He does speak.

How can we hear?????

We have to be quick to hear....and slow to speak.....

So, here's my thought for the day:

Try talking less (to people).  Try talking more (to God).

Try being a good listener....

to your friends, your family, nature...

And I believe you will hear more from God than you ever dreamed possible.

And after all of that,

BE SLOW TO BECOME ANGRY.

You might want to write this down.  :)



1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Love that! (And you!)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me