Season of Change........

I come to you this morning as a mom and wife who is taking back on the role of teacher for a season.

teacher

After much prayer this summer, Tim and I felt that if God opened a door for me to teach then it would be a good season for me to be in the classroom.  I was offered a job at an area middle school, and honestly, it is a job that I believe will allow me to have an opportunity to use my love for teaching while not overloading me with stress at this particular time in my life.  I will be working with small groups of students on reading and math skills which are subjects I enjoy, so I am trying to be very thankful.

I don't like change, though, so I'm not going to lie.  I had a big meltdown yesterday afternoon with Tim...just thinking about being gone all day every day and worried about becoming consumed by something that does not matter as much to me as God or my family...

The struggle all working women face.

Balance.

So this morning as I head out to opening day for teachers, I am asking you to please whisper a prayer for me.

I'm going to be stretched for this season of my life.

Teaching while still committed FIRST to my relationship with God, second to my family, and then also prayerfully working on some writing projects.

God promises to never leave me or forsake me, so I know He will not only be in  my car as I drive to work, but He will also be with me all day long.

Knowing that, I know that He will also be with Tim and with my kids that are other places and even more, I know that He is with each of you.

I love you all.

I am whispering a prayer now for each of you who visits my blog today....that your day will be filled with God's love and presence in a mighty way.

In His Grip,



2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Even as I pray for you I sense in my heart that this job will turn out to be a blessing. Yes, it's scary at the moment and change can be hard, but God has something for you there, Tammy.

Blogger Unknown said...

God is opening a door for you and since he knows the beginning from the end and wants only the best for you I am sure all will be well. I am sure that life was more involved when you had youong children at home. Thank you for your prayer for me. I will off to bed soon just as you are beginning your day. But I will hold it close to my heart as I sleep and wake in the morning. Now I pray back to you----.that your day will be filled with God's love and presence in a mighty way. I couldn't say it any better than you did.

Love to you
Jen

Post a Comment

Home

About Me