Early Morning Thoughts....

It's been a while since I've had any early morning thoughts......well, early morning when the sun was rising anyway.  I guess 1:00 a.m. is early morning, but it's just not quite the same as 6 a.m.

I woke up to the sound of Hugo whimpering in his cage, and I decided that good grandmas get up and take care of puppies while their sons sleep...

So, I've been out this morning walking around in the wet grass with Erich's puppy.

I've missed the early morning sounds-birds chirping as if to say "there's lots to do today, let's get going!"

I've missed the sun peeking up over the hill beyond our house.  I love that the sun is so faithful to rise every morning.....how can anyone not believe in God's faithfulness when they open their eyes to the world around them?

I've missed having some quiet time in the morning before things get hopping.

Yes, as much as I enjoy being a night owl, I think I'm ready to transition back to being a morning person.

It was so funny watching Hugo try to get our dog Peppy to "play" with him in the kitchen a little bit ago.  Hugo would pounce toward Peppy, throwing his paws up in the air and jumping towards him......hoping that Peppy would pounce back.  But Peppy just stood there in the kitchen at 6:30 a.m., looking at Hugo as if he were crazy.  It was hilarious.  Peppy looked irritated and tired while Hugo looked ready to run around the college campus across the street from our house.

I want to have a Hugo spirit!

Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Wanting to live with a renewed mind and spirit today,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me