To Choose or Not to Choose........

choosing gratitude book picture Moody Publishers emailed me a few weeks ago to see if I would read Nancy Leigh DeMoss' new book Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy. And then, after reading what Nancy has to say, share about her words on my blog in the form of a review.

I love to read new books and I knew that Nancy was a great author, so I said, "yes."

The book arrived just a few days ago and I am just now venturing into its pages, but I wanted to give you the opportunity to order the book if you wanted to read it along with me!!!

Every Thursday I'm going to post a bit about the next chapter in the book, so I thought it might be fun if you were reading along. Even if you're not, you may decide to pick up a copy along the way.

I'm not receiving anything other than my copy of the book for this review, so I wanted to say up front...there is no hidden agenda in giving you the link for ordering. :) I simply realized as I read the first chapter this morning that this is a powerful book with a powerful message and didn't want to wait until I had finished it to share it with you.

For today, I want to share a thought from Joni Eareckson Tada's foreward in the book. She compares her wheelchair to our life struggles. She shares how she had to make a decision to either choose gratitude or not choose gratitude as she faced the reality of her "horrible tragedy."

So, for today, I am asking myself this question,

"What is my wheelchair and how am I facing it?"

For me, I believe my wheelchair is grief.

I have to choose gratitude or not choose gratitude. That is a difficult choice to make.

In the first chapter, Nancy talks about "The Invitation to Transformation" and how we have to make a choice to worship or to whine.

I am challenged today.

Here is the link to order this book:

Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Making a choice to give thanks today even when a big part of me struggles to understand "how,"



3 Comments:

Anonymous Violeta said...

Hi Tammy,
I just stoped to say HI and I love you my sweet friend!
xxx blessings and love,kisses for Olivia - from Romania!

Hi, Violeta!

So good to hear from you!

Praying all is well in Romania.

Love,
Tammy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we faced with Renee's relapse and the treatment, being in NYC, away from home for an undetermined length of time, one of the things that helped me cope was to make a conscious decision to be find things to be grateful for, a gratitude journal with the goal of finding three things everyday to be thankful for.
Martha

Post a Comment

Home

About Me