Where You'd Least Expect It......

Mark 1:2-3

".....I will send my messenger ahead of you
who will prepare your way.....
a voice of one calling in the desert..."

Have you ever thought about how differently you might have done things had you been the one to choose how to send Jesus to the earth or to announce His coming to the people of His day?


I would have been tempted to have Jesus born to royalty.....
After all He is our King.


I would have been tempted to have Him live a life of luxury.....
After all He was use to Heaven!


I would have been tempted to have His name placed on every marquis I could find proclaiming that the Son of God was walking on the earth!!!!
After all He came to save us from our sins..........ETERNALLY.


But, thankfully God sees the big picture.

He knew that a stable was a fitting beginning.

He knew that the sweet and very non-materialistic couple (Mary and Joseph) would raise Jesus to love all people no matter what their status.

He knew that John the Baptist's voice "calling from the desert" would cause a stir....


would cause people to look and listen.


Who is this man walking in the hot sand proclaiming hope to all mankind?


How can this man see hope in the midst of a desert?


What does he know that we need to know?


I guess that's why God is able to use our suffering in a more powerful way than our times of great rejoicing to help others.


Not that God doesn't want us to experience joy and wonderful moments.


But I do believe that when it comes to truly meeting someone's needs with the love of Jesus, God somehow sends the message in a way we would least expect it.


For me, Memorial Day weekend could have been so very painful and sad.


But somehow God used the faces of precious children who sat in the chair across from me on our small town Main Street as I painted butterflies, rainbows, ice cream cones, and so much more.................
to remind me that He is with me and that He holds all children in the palm of His hand................

2009-05-0230152 resized 2009-05-0230113 resized 2009-05-0230136 resized 2009-05-0230121 resized 2009-05-0230135 resized 2009-05-0230122 resized 2009-05-0230110 resized 2009-05-0230132 resized 2009-05-0230111 resized

He used flowers from a friend in Florida to brighten my day on Nick's birthday!! Thank you, Carol! I love you!

2009-05-0230158 resized

He used Olivia and her little fun pack of friends to make me smile over and over again!

2009-05-0230072 resized

2009-05-0230083 resized 2009-05-0230084 resized

He used a house full of college kids and girl friends and laughter to keep me cooking and cleaning and laughing and loving!

2009-05-0250059 resized 2009-05-0250004 resized

He used my son's determination to throw me in the pool IN MY CLOTHES to make me laugh so hard and have such a fun time!

2009-05-0250048 resized 2009-05-0250047 resized

He used the meeting of a friend's mom who lives in Texas and who knows me only through my blog to make me smile! Hi, new friend!!!!!

2009-05-0230133 resized

field day memory days 161

I ended my time on Main Street by releasing one red balloon that had been tied to my chair!!! It was my "hello" to Nick! I'm so glad I had my camera nearby to capture it as it floated up into the sky!!


Thank you, Lord, for brightening my weekend with beautiful sunshine, beautiful clouds, and beautiful faces!!! I never expected to have such a wonderful weekend..but then again, why am I ever surprised at how You show up where I least expect You! Thank you!

2009-05-0230137 resized



5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Your smile is so beautiful in that last photo!!! What a testimony of God's faithfulness....you are such a blessing!

Praise the Lord friend! I have a story too! Visit my blog soon to read it...I still haven't typed it out!

Love ya!

Anonymous Holley said...

Tammy,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I was touched by being here in return and seeing the beautiful blend of joy and sorrow in your words. I hope we get to meet in person this summer at She Speaks!
Thinking of you and your Nick today...

Blogger Becky said...

Tammy,
I am so blessed to ahve found your blog! You are very articulate and and filled with joy at such a diffucult place in your life.
Our oldest daughter Jae Lynn, went on ahead of us to Heaven by way of a car accident in 2004.
Grieving with hope, trying to do it well, trying to bring glory to God as we know others watch.
I think that the mother-child reunions in Heaven will be the msot exciting ones that the angesl get to observe!
Looking forward to following you!

Blogger Susan said...

I love you Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me