Never Eat Animal Crackers in the Dark.......

Daniel 2



21 He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.


I have so much to tell you about the first dinner for Nick's foundation, but I wanted to wait until I have all of the pictures before I share the wonderful memories. I did want to say quickly that the evening turned out so beautifully and our prayer now is for two things:



First, that the foundation can begin making differences in the lives of hurting families.



Second, that people will draw closer to God because of the foundation.


Because I wanted to wait to share more about the first annual, "A Night to Remember," I really didn't know what to write about tonight.




Then it happened! God gave me His Words to share............not mine.






Olivia and I got out of church before Todd tonight, so we went to the car to wait for him.






While we were sitting in the dark car, Olivia was munching on some animal crackers she had brought from home that had been sitting on a paper plate in the back seat the whole time we were in church.






For some reason (not because I was hungry), I decided to reach back and grab a couple of animal crackers to throw in my mouth. Even as I was reaching for them I was thinking to myself, "Tammy, you're not even hungry. Don't eat thoughtless food."






But I did anyway.






As I bit into the small handful of crackers that I had picked up, I realized that one of them was soft and mushy. My mind was racing with the question, "Who had this cracker in their mouth before me?"


Just then, Olivia burst into laughter and said, "Mom, you're eating my gum!!"



I reached in my mouth and sure enough, Olivia's chewed up and wet gum had been all through my mouth!






Ew!






As I threw it away, I couldn't help but think of how the darkness is able to hide the truth.....






Even if the truth is simply,






"Hey, I'm not an animal cracker. I am an already-chewed-up piece of gum!"






If only I would have turned on the light in the car! I would have known what I was getting myself into!






Then I thought of my heart.






How many things are hidden deep inside my heart that need to be exposed to the light....






Insecurity, doubt, fear, pride, anger......






And the list goes on and on.






So for tonight, I think God needed to speak to me so strongly that He knew He needed to use several of my senses at one time.....






taste, touch, sight......






So that I could hear.





God is light.



He knew I was reaching for previously-chewed gum.



But even more than that.



He knows my heart.



Cleanse my heart, O God. Make it ever true.



Cleanse my heart, O God. Make me more like You.



Longing to have a pure heart so that I can honestly share His Words and
striving to be a true animal cracker no matter how dark it gets,





7 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness Tammy,

What a good lesson....and...I have to admit you made me laugh about the gum. Thank You for the scripture and the laugh..xoxo Char

OK...Your ability to take such fabulous lessons out of disgusting happenings amazes me...Praise the Lord for how He has gifted you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Day by Day - you amaze me. And I love that you made me laugh this morning. It's good to smile with you.

Blogger Jennifer said...

What a story. I love how you use daily happenings and turn them into daily testimonies. Thank you for ALWAYS sharing what's on your heart. Have a great week!

Blogger Paula V said...

Great correlation and analogy. I love Psalm 51:10...create in me a pure heart. Oh God, yes, create in me a pure heart along with Tammy. Oh for us to be like you, sweet Jesus.

I love how your mind works...always seeing a lesson in all of life.
Love ya,
Paula

Blogger Mimi said...

you are truly in cynic with God...
you can see the lesson He is trying to teach you in so very many things...
I continue praying for your dear family as you walk through this valley...
{{Hugs}}
Mimi

Blogger Rose said...

Wow, all that from a chewed up piece of gum! Tammy, you have a gift for seeing things differently and pulling lessons out from them. A true teacher's heart. I am learning to look at things differently because of you.

We received a penny from Heaven the other day, on my son's birthday. I know it wasn't a coincidence!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me