Not the only one hurting......

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
~ Psalm 39:7, NLT


Tonight as I opened up my computer one of the headlines in the news caught my eye. You've probably read about the gentleman in San Diego whose wife, two young daughters, and mother-in-law were all killed this week when a military jet crashed into their home.


As I read the story, I couldn't help but think of a couple of things.


First, this man has a heart of forgiveness. He is asking everyone to pray for the pilot, because he doesn't want him to suffer because of the accident.


Second, this man has a heart of patriotism. He stated that he knew the pilot was "one of our treasured for the country." I thought that was such a precious way of referring to someone serving in the military.


Third, this man is hurting. As he stood by his minister and siblings and wondered how he would make it, he said, "Please tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do."


Tonight as I think of my sweet Nick and how I miss him, my heart is also aching for a man that I may never meet who is experiencing extreme grief tonight.


I am hoping that all of you will take the time to read the news article below and then take a minute to not only lift up the pilot in prayer ( I am sure he will experience extreme feelings of guilt even though it was an accident) but also lift up Dong Yun Yoon.


My prayer is that he will look up and put his hope in the only One who can carry him through such a tragedy.



http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28156838/?GT1=43001


Love to all of you who visit here today,



11 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Thinking of You!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

I will pray for him. I think of you, and your family often! I pray for you and your family often. I love you all so much. Remember, God is mindful. God is peace. God is joy!
Laura Schaefer

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, one of those things I love about you is your caring for others. In spite of 70+ months when it would have been understandable for you to remain focused on your family, your concern for others has always shown through. When Mary Kate was in the hospital the last time, you called us on Krista's cell to see how she was doing. You called us while Nick was preparing for another significant medical test or treatment. I think God has gifted you with the ability to think of others, providing you a means to gain peace by maintaining an outward focus. God bless you all,

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TAMMY, YOU ARE SIMPLY AMAZING. IN THE MIDST OF YOUR HEARTACHE AND LOSS YOU ARE THINKING OF OTHERS. HOW LIKE YOU! YOU AND TIM CONTINUE TO BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. SENDING YOU LOVE, HUGS, AND PRAYERS.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such forgiveness can ONLY be of the Lord...we as humans do not have that power. Amazing...he (I don't know him either) has been on my mind and in my prayers...what a tragedy.

Blogger Kathy said...

That jet crashed about 5 miles from our house, less than a mile from my sister's house.

I can't get them off my mind. It's impossible to rate tragedies, but this is a big one.

The grace that you exude is amazing and inspirational. In my prayers for him I am asking for him to be blanketed in grace.

As you are. Godspeed to sweet Nick.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed at your strength and how you pray for others when you and your own family are hurting so. You have a gift of love and compassion that radiates from you! I echo Mark's words as well... When Macy was in the hospital back in the summer, you called me while you were on vacation, just to check on her! And not only that, Tim called the hospital to pray with me over the phone. Your family means the world to me and I am forever changed by you all. The way you all selflessly give to others despite your own hurt... I love each and every one of you.
-Trish

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just jumped over to your blog from Lysa's....

PRAYING for your family during this most difficult time.

You have such a beautiful heart.

Blogger Christina said...

So sad. It just goes to show us how things can change in the blink of an eye and how fragile life here really is. I am praying for this man and the pilot.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime I feel that I have lost my focus on what is really important in this life, I know all I need to do is read through your blog and my perspective will come back.

I wanted you to know that this in itself is such an amazing ministry to people. I do hope you keep it up, it is so uplifting to read.

Thank you so much for being so honest and candid and open about something that I know must hurt you so much. My heart breaks for you, but at the same time it soars for the hope and the faith and the love that your family has shared with the world. Up in heaven your baby must be so proud of you.

Wow...thanks for sharing this. Always thinking of you...

Post a Comment

Home

About Me