Holding Hands with Moses and Aaron

Psalm 77

1 I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.

2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint.

4 You kept my eyes from closing;
I was too troubled to speak.

5 I thought about the former days,
the years of long ago;

6 I remembered my songs in the night.
My heart mused and my spirit inquired:

7 "Will the Lord reject forever?
Will he never show his favor again?

8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
Has his promise failed for all time?

9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"

10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal:
the years of the right hand of the Most High."

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

12 I will meditate on all your works
and consider all your mighty deeds.

13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?

14 You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.

15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.

16 The waters saw you, O God,
the waters saw you and writhed;
the very depths were convulsed.

17 The clouds poured down water,
the skies resounded with thunder;
your arrows flashed back and forth.

18 Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind,
your lightning lit up the world;
the earth trembled and quaked.

19 Your path led through the sea,
your way through the mighty waters,
though your footprints were not seen.

20 You led your people like a flock
by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

As I reflect on this passage, I too feel much like this psalmist who often struggles to have his soul comforted. I am so thankful for great men of old who poured out their hearts so honestly and openly. Because of them, I can face my modern-day sea of mighty waters where God's footprints often cannot be seen.....

knowing that just as God led his "people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron," He is leading me today.


He is leading you too. Whatever you face today, remember that you serve "the God who performs miracles and displays His power among His people!"

Take the hand of Moses or Aaron (or any other wonderful man or woman of faith who makes up our great cloud of witnesses - Hebrews 11) and keep on keeping on!!!

Crossing the mighty sea of faith with you,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Tammy. Remember the darkest hour is just before dawn. God is with you always, even if at times you don't feel his presence. I know it's hard but never loose faith. My prayers are with you and your family. I always have special prayers for Nick. He is so amazing.

Blogger Unknown said...

My journey has been a difficult one and sometimes I get bogged down in the trials. But then I look at you, your life and see a woman of God. Thank you for being vulnerable.

I'm praying for you and your family...especially Nick.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,
You seem to always have the right words at just the right time!
Always Praying for Nick and the Family.
God Bless You,
Brenda

Post a Comment

Home

About Me