Hemmed In......


Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

These words comfort me as I find myself crying at night as I fall to sleep and then waking up with a feeling of fear and uncertainty as to what each new day will hold.

God is familiar with all of my ways. He hears my cries. He sees my struggle. He feels my pain. He has laid His hand upon me. And before I speak, God knows me completely.

He knows you too.

We are blessed to be called children of the King.

We are hemmed in................behind and before! God was with us yesterday and He is with us tomorrow. He sees the whole quilt...not just the piece we are living out today.

Thankful for a Master who has a beautiful "Master plan."

Trusting Him even in this valley,




7 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

And He truly makes ALL THINGS beautiful, in His time...

Praying you through♥

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK OF THE SONG HE GOES BEFORE ME; HE WALKS BESIDE ME. PRAYING THAT YOU WILL HAVE AN OVERWHELMING SENSE OF HIS PRESENCE WITH YOU TODAY. KNOW YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. YOU ARE TRULY A REMARKABLE WOMAN OF GOD AND I COUNT IT SUCH A PRIVILEGE AND BLESSING TO KNOW YOU.

Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful! We are a masterpiece in progress!

Tammy, another one of my favorite blog writers wrote a post about hems this week-- if you don't already visit this blog, it is worth reading. You will be blessed. Enjoy!


http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/11/glorious-hem.html

Blogger Charlotte said...

Tammy,

You and yours are in my thoughts every single day. xoxo

Hey precious woman! I am so encouraged by you! He gives you just the right things to say and encourage me with...thank you for sharing!

Sooo many people are praying for your family...I forward your emails to my friends!!!

Praise the Lord for using this situation, as HARD as it is for you guys, for good!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy, Thanks so much for your uplifting words always.
Nick was lifted up in prayer tonight at our indoor camp meeting at Morehead that has been going on from Sun thur Fri.
God is so good even in our troubled times he will here our Prayers.
So much in Prayer.
Brenda

Blogger Jennifer said...

Some of my favorite verses....what a comfort to know our God is in complete control. I pray you rest extra well tonight! I love you, friend.

Jennifer

Post a Comment

Home

About Me