Thankful for A Guarded Heart and Mind


Philippians 4:6-8


6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


From Isaiah to Philippians the message doesn't change. God offers perfect peace to those whose minds are fixed on Him and on those whose trust is in Him and Him alone.

So, I learned today (again!) that God can take our weakest daybreaks and turn them into our strongest sunsets! That's what He did for me today.

I woke up this morning feeling fear, dread, uncertainty, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. After a couple of hours of Bible reading, I decided to lay back down only to find myself having nightmares about Nick's illness until the minute Olivia woke me up! I had allowed the devil to get a foothold before going to sleep, and he took advantage of the situation by sneaking in and messing with my dreams.

You can imagine how horrible I felt when I got up to get ready for Sunday school. Needless to say, I didn't even bother wearing my contacts. I knew tears would be coming from time to time, so I decided to be prepared. However, I was amazed at the strength God gave me to keep pressing on all day long.

I made it to Sunday school. I came home with Nick during church. I took Olivia and three of her friends to see a movie this afternoon. Nick had an enjoyable day of watching football with Tim, Evan, and Todd. The Titans are now 10 and 0!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of my early morning fears seemed to fade away as the day progressed.

Thank you for praying for me! Thank you for praying for Nick!

Thank you, Lord, for giving me a peace that transcends my understanding. Thank you for guarding my heart and my mind.

Faithfully Serving Him,




2 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Tammy,
I added Nick's picture on my sidebar with a link to your page. We are praying every day for him, and for your entire family. To see the results of all the prayers going up for you is amazing.

Blogger Mimi said...

I continue to pray for Nick and your family as you struggle with the acceptance of God's will in your lives..

Post a Comment

Home

About Me