I needed a little laugh tonight!


As I sat here tonight thinking about what I wanted to write, I started looking back through pictures and ran across so many of Nick where his smile was huge and his head looked so perfectly normal, and I could tell that if I looked anymore I was going to start to cry...........
And then God led me to this picture from last spring where I hopped on my oldest son's lap and made him give me a great big hug! Can't you tell he was just loving every minute?!?!
Truthfully, Erich is hilarious! I never know what he is going to look like the next time I see him.........bald, long hair, short hair, blonde hair, huge beard, no beard.....he transforms overnight!
I love him so much.
When I saw this picture, I remembered that just last week my husband (who teaches at the same Christian university where Erich is a junior) called and said that he had just read on the school bulletin board that Erich had graciously signed up to be in this year's live nativity scene.
As Baby Jesus!
Oh my! I decided that just the thought of my 6'1" bearded son in a manger brought a whole new meaning to Mark Lowry's song, "Mary, Did You Know?"
Shew! Where would we be without a little comic relief in this life?
Oh, my heart is aching tonight thinking of how Nick's cancer has changed him so much physically and at times, emotionally, and yet I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving for the upcoming treatment that we are praying sends his cancer into remission as well as for my other children's lives who are all as different from each other as you could ever imagine!
Tonight, I just had to share something that I hope brings a smile! I love you all so much!
Mother of Erich..........not Baby Jesus!!


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Tammy,
This is my first visit to your blog. What a blessing I got when I read your latest post. I love seeing pics of Mums with their sons. I have have six children, 2 sons and 4 daughters. My two boys are all growed up too and Daddy's themselves now. Oh how I still love to have a hug with them when I see them.
I look forward to coming back to your blog and reading more, but right now it's bedtime in New Zealand, I'm off.
I will be back.
hugs Sandra nz

Blogger Susan said...

To my sweet Tammy,

Just finally catching up on your awesome posts. As always, I can come here and literally FEEL the presence of God through your words, pictures and music.

How can I ever thank you for sharing your journey with us? I leave so full hope as I see how real, how mighty, how all powerful our God truly is, THROUGH YOU.

Thank you for letting your light continue to shine, no matter how dark the night's can be.

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Jn 8:12


I've enjoyed all the pictures of Nick's heart-melting smiles. Gosh, what a special child!! Erich, sounds like a riot too.

Thanks for your prayers the other day, the timing was just perfect.

LOVE YOU!!!!

Blogger Sheryl said...

Wow, don't you just love that kind of sense of humor! So glad you have moments that bring you a good laugh. Praying along with you still. With love - Sheryl

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I always look forward to reading your emails and blogs. No matter your journey on that particular day you leave me with encouragement and hope in our God of miracles!!

Larry & I hope to be in Grayson possibly Dec. 9th or 10th and have made your house a priority stop!! Can't wait to see you guys and give (get?) hugs!!

Lots of Love,

Myra

Blogger Paula V said...

That's hilarious, Tammy. Sounds like there is never a dull moment when Erich is home...and yet, it feels the air leaves the room when he leaves. Him as baby Jesus now that would be a miracle huh?

I was thinking about you and Nick last night. I watch the premiere showing of "Living Proof" on Lifetime last night. It's about the HER-2 study and trial tests for breast cancer. I guess it was based on a real story and a real doctor who worked for 12 years to develop a drug that doesn't cure breast cancer but causes it to totally stop growing. However, in the movie, one lady was found to not have cancer in her any longer. I guess the drug is called HER-septin (sp?) and is a real drug. I had no idea there was such a thing. I kept thinking, I wish it weren't just for breast cancer.

You are in my heart, prayers, and thoughts.
Love you,
Paula

Blogger Cheri said...

You certainly look too young to have children this age! So glad to see smiling faces.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

This picture makes me laugh!! Sons......They are so.....whats the word......oh yeah.....BOYS!!!

I love to see pictures of you smiling. That in itself warms my heart. Keep on smiling and thanks for sharing this wonderful picture. Charlotte

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how 2 parents can produce sooooo many different personalities?? Oh my--Erich looks and sounds like a ton of fun!

Praying for you and for Nick as he faces new treatments this week.

hugs from PA
Kim

Blogger beckyjomama said...

What a GREAT pic. I love random shots that show the personality of those that we love!

Blogger Rose said...

Awww! Thanks for the smile today! What a character you have there! I bet he brings a lot of sunshine wherever he goes. That is wonderful to have a great sense of humor, and such a gift.

We are all still praying so hard for Nick and for your family.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me