Asking for Help

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was feeling pretty discouraged about my lack of ability to be the right kind of mom to a daughter who is battling severe food allergies.

I had been texting with a friend early this morning and sharing my struggle and she said,

"Maybe we can figure out what to do to make it easier."

 

As I read the word, "we" in her text,

I realized I am not allowing God to work in the mighty way He can if I do not ask for help in the places where He might be able to step in and provide just what our family needs.

 

So, I'm asking for your help this morning.

 

I need recipes and guidance for a child with allergies to wheat, soy, milk, eggs, peanuts, and pork.

 

Coming up with creative meals is a challenge for me.

 

And I'm failing.

 

I love you all so much, and I know many of you live in places all over the world and might know of resources of which I am not aware.

 

I feel excited for the first time in a long time just thinking that maybe God has been waiting for this moment.

 

 

"Ask and it will be given to

you;

seek and you will find;

 

knock and the door will be

opened to you."

 

Matt. 7:7



3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

You are not failing, dear Tammy.
He is always sufficient....exceedingly, abundantly beyond what you ask. His answers never come too late, though our emotions quarrel with us about the outcomes. xxo D..
(off to the Shop)

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been following the Blood Type Diet for a while now because of some digestive problems. The diet for my type (type O)restricts many of the things you listed. I'm not supposed to have wheat (gluten), pork, dairy, etc. I can have soy, but I don't really care for it so I sub in almond milk. Just google"blood type o diet". There are several books and recipes online. Good luck!

Anonymous Tammy said...

Thank you both so much!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me