What Keeps You Going??

I've spent a lot of years struggling with the fact that "I am what I eat."

I've always had a weakness for sweets, a love for breads, and a desire for diet pop.

About five weeks ago, I gave up pop all together.

It hasn't been the easiest transition, but I'm finally learning to love water..........

About two weeks into my "no-pop life,"

mom introduced me to a blender called The Magic Bullet.

You literally fill it with your favorite fruits and vegetables and within seconds have a delicious drink.

 

october first week 008 - Copy

At this stage of the process, it doesn't look  very promising........

october first week 010 - Copy

And it doesn't look much more promising when the lid is screwed on tight.

october first week 011 - Copy

But the final product truly is a delicious drink that has become mine and Olivia's new morning ritual before school.

october first week 012 - Copy

If you want to know the exact ingredients we place in our smoothie, email me at tammynischan@yahoo.com.

The reason I share this, though, is not because I trying to transforming my blog into a health blog even though that might be a great idea.

I really shared all of this to make a comparison to our physical life and our spiritual one.

The saying, "you are what you eat," runs much deeper than the food we consume.

Jesus calls Himself the Bread of Life in John 6:35,

"Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

In Hebrews 5, we are warned that as we grow in our Christian life we have to live on more than "milk" so that we can learn to distinguish good from evil.

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

 

Paul wants to teach the Corinth church more than he can, but he explains why he can't in the beginning of chapter 3 of I Corinthians,

Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly-mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly......

Today, I challenge to look at both your physical and spiritual lives.

Where would you put yourself on a scale of 1 to 10.

I have a long ways to go in both areas, but I am feeling challenged lately to move up the scale in both.

I want to be balanced.

I want to physically and spiritually fit.

I want to grow closer to God from the inside out.

I want to be able to handle the hard teachings.

In order to do this, I have to give up some things..........

maybe it's time with some people who seem to pull me away from the person you want to be,

maybe it's things I think about when my mind is idle.

I want God to make very clear the areas of my life where He wants to step in and push other things out.

I'm ready to go up another level.

I hope you are too!

I love you all!

Have a wonderful Monday!

 

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!
Definitely some hard core food-for-thought...no pun intended.
Interestinly enough, this is what I've been wrestling with myself; Being more spiritually AND physically fit and finding balance between the two.
Seems like Paul is speaking directly to me....
Thank you Tammy for speaking your heart, truthfully.
Cheryl

Post a Comment

Home

About Me