We Hold the Power...


In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.



Ephesians 6:16



As I was reading about the shield of faith this morning, I realized that by making faith our shield God has given us the ability to "hold power."


Out of all of the pieces of armor that we are called to wear, the shield is one that we have to CHOOSE (daily and constantly) to "take up" and "use."


Most parts of the armor of God are things that we "put on."


But our shield of faith has to be "held."


We have to be willing to move it around to deflect things thrown our way that could hurt us.


Faith is a constant action.



We "hold it up" in front of us as a source of protection.



Today, when you feel attacked (and you will be in some way, I am sure) by the devil, remember that your faith serves as a shield.


You are not alone in your battles.



I'm praying for you today as I "take up" my shield and head to school. I'm envisioning you, all over the world, "taking up" your shields today too!



I love you all so much,





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me