Thankful to be a servant.....

I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power.


Ephesians 3:7




Of all the things I do every morning (and sometimes evening), sharing with you is near the top.


It's almost as if something draws me to my computer daily simply for this reason.


I love you all so much.



I think of all the things I have learned to let go -


things that have caused me to feel inadequate


...a perfectly clean house, a sink emptied of dirty dishes, laundry which is all caught up, home-cooked meals every night....


and I know there is one thing I can't stop doing daily.


It's writing to all of you.



I want so badly to know that there is a part of my life that is making an eternal difference.


A difference that draws people closer to Him Who holds the keys to eternal life.



When I think of the power someone has when they hold the keys to a locked door (everyone waits until that person arrives before they are able to enter a locked room), I realize that in order to spend eternity in Heaven, all of you have to know Jesus.


He holds the keys.


He is the Gospel story.


I am a servant to that Gospel message.


Knowing this and believing this so deeply compels me to share something daily about His love and faithfulness. I have been struggling ever since school began this year, as you all know, to find a balance in life with this new job I have taken.


Inspite of all of my struggles, one thing has never changed. That is my deep belief and knowledge that God is with me.


Knowing this makes the difference every day as I stumble from bed to get ready to face another day filled with 149 students who look to me for a reading lesson.



Fear.


I have plenty.


Doubt.


I'm an expert.


Insecurity.


Check.


Fatigue.


Daily.



Jesus.............ALWAYS!


Without Him, I am nothing and because of this, I am indebted to His message.


God's grace keeps my head above water and the gospel message moves me to be the person I am every day.



So today, before I ventured into my morning routine, I read the words of Paul and smiled.


Paul could never be the same after being changed by the working of God's power.


Neither can I.


I live daily through His power and by His grace. Knowing this, I am indebted to Him and honored to be able to share My Heart and His Words with you as I walk this road of life.


Thankful to be a servant of the Gospel living freely because of His love,



2 Comments:

Blogger davisinidaho said...

So Tammy can you tell me some details of your daily schedule? How early do you get up? When is your time with God? Do you have time for excercise? When do you have family time and household cleaning time? I am really trying to plan out my days ahead with teaching and family. Thanks, Shannon Davis

Anonymous Tammy said...

Shannon,

Are you going to teach???? What is your email address????? I'd love to visit. I am going to be very honest....I am finding the art of balancing all the things you asked about very tricky. I try to get up by 5:15 to 5:30 every morning. I do not have quiet time at the depth that I use to and that I truly need. That has been the most painful part of fulltime teaching for me. I exercise a few times a week (Evan is trying to get me into a personal training routine before he leaves.) Tim is a HUGE help with the house. I'll write more when we have exchanged emails. Mine is tammynischan@yahoo.com.

I love you.

Praying for you as I head to bed,
Tammy :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me