A Surprise Morning Revival!!!!
Last night my mom and my cousin's son (Tanner) arrived at our house for a visit. It's the first time Tanner, who lives in Oklahoma, has been to our home in his 19 years of life! I was so excited to have them arrive!!!

We stayed up til after 2 a.m. playing a board game and laughing!

So, this morning when I rolled over and looked at my clock and saw that it was five minutes til nine, I had a little panic attack when I realized Peppy (one of our dogs) had a 9 o'clock appointment to get his summer haircut. Just saying that sounds a little silly, but it's true. Peppy is one of those dogs that needs a good shave about every four months or he'll be miserable under the load of his fur.

Well, the sweet lady who cuts Peppy's hair lives about 10 minutes outside of town, so I threw on clothes, ran a brush threw my hair, and didn't even take time to brush my teeth............I was out the door, scooping up Peppy who was innocently eating dog food on our back porch, and on my way to Flo's within five minutes.

When I arrived, Flo and I had a good laugh when I told her what had happened, and I took a minute to look at her new front porch columns that she has added since her precious husband went Home to be with the Lord last spring.

I went back in to tell her how pretty everything looked, and we started sharing some little special things that have happened regarding her husband and Nick since they have not been here with us.

Before we knew it, we were both in tears and just sharing story after story of how God has shown us His Presence and their presence time after time. It was wonderful!

One thing led to another, and Flo began sharing about how all of our words are recorded which reminded me of something I had heard years ago from a preacher who was a scientist about how he believes that walls and doors and trees actually absorb our words and that God will be able to play them all back on the day of judgment.

I'll never forget sitting and hearing this sermon when I was probably only about 11 years old. I hadn't really thought about it in a long, long time. I love how God can bring things back to us as adults that we learned in our childhood.

All of these unexpected morning events have challenged me in two ways:

1. Think before I speak. God stores up our words.

2. Remember that as I am parenting, I am filling my kids' lives with the memories they will recall as adults........what kinds of memories will they be brought back to.............memories that draw them closer to God or memories that pull them away?

Shew!

I had no idea my morning was going to start like this, but I am so thankful that it did!!!!

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to have a little morning revival with Flo!!!! Thank you!!

Praying your day has a revival tucked into it somewhere too!!!


Malachi 3:16

Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.

Luke 19:40

"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

REVELATION 20:11-13

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me