Growing in Him........

evan leaving for california and kttens_resize

Helicopter seeds have covered our backyard this spring.....even floating into every nook and cranny of our deck and picnic table.

The other day I discovered two small plants growing from the space in between two boards on our deck.  I bent down to pull out the first little leafing plant and realized that one of the helicopter seeds had actually begun to transform from its seedling stage into a little tree (even developing roots!) right there in the emptiness of the deck's crack.

As I pulled up on the leaves, the entire growth slipped right out of the opening and into my hands with barely a little pull,.....roots and all!

A lot of things went through my mind in that moment.

First, I was amazed at God's creativity and unbelievable ability to take a tiny, feathery, seed and produce a huge, strong tree.  If he can do that with a seed, what can He do with you?!?!?!  Never underestimate God's ability to use you for great things!

Second, I was struck with the truth that even though something may begin to grow roots it is not secure unless the roots are growing into something solid and nourishing.  Where are your roots?  Where do you reach for security and sustenance?  Do you reach for people or for God?  Do you reach for self-help books or your Bible?

Third, I wondered how many seedlings fall from trees every spring and never get the chance to reach their full potential because of a lack of sunlight, soil, or rain.  What's lacking in your life for you to become all that God wants you to be?

Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,       which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

Jeremiah 17:7-8

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.

It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.

       It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Praying that your day is filled with opportunities to grow closer to Him,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Camille Adkins said...

I was reading your amazing Post and thought she can write something so beautiful and heart felt, why Cant I comment it and tell her how appreciative I feel about it..haha.
Tammy you are truly an amazing women and I know you get told that often! If I grow up to be as half the women you are it would be all I ever need in life. I have been through a lot of hardships lately, Not as what you've been through in your life, but enough to make me cringe thinking about the past. But your ministering the word of GOD through your post really has just brought me into a good mood. I just wanted to say thank you <3

Blogger jesse said...

Thank you for this today Tammy! I hope you dont mind if I share it at a group meeting!Thinking of you and loving you!

Blogger Karon said...

Hey Tammy ~~ so sorry to intrude on you like this, but I've written back to you several times the past week and all my messages have been returned..?? Anyway, thanks so much, sweetie, and wanted to let you know the last month's posts are up, tackling the fear of losing control: A hundred fearless words. Take good care and God bless :) love, karon

Cami and Jesse,

Thank you for your sweet words. I love you both!

Karon, I love you too! What address were you emailing to?????? I am so sorry. Thank you for your reminder, too, about your book!!! Goodness, I want to help you with your book's outreach and I am sure that I have let you down. :(

I am going to post right this minute!

Love you all!

Tammy :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me