Sleeping can be dangerous...

Mark 13:35-37

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back-whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "

I love knowing that Jesus could come back ANYTIME!   Sometimes when I am feeling really blue about the reality that Nick will never be here again...no more feeling his  hugs, no more hearing his voice, no more seeing his sweet face light up.....

I remember that He is with Jesus and that he will get to be a part of the exciting day when Jesus leaves Heaven to come bring us all HOME!  It's just like Nick to have this kind of opportunity!!!!  It makes me smile just thinking of how excited he will be when that day arrives!

Until then, I have to soak up silly little moments here on this earth where sleeping is something that isn't safe even at sleepovers!

A few nights ago while Todd, Adrian, Trevor, Caleb, and TJ were soundly sleeping, Olivia decided to pull a little prank.  About 3 a.m., she woke me up to say that she was hiding the boys' shoes in the deep freeze.  I remember thinking, "Did I just hear what I think I heard?"  I got up to see what was going on, and sure enough, Olivia was slipping through the kitchen with a flashlight!

I had to take pictures the next morning when the boys woke up and discovered her little mischievous deed.  (Oh, remember my deep freeze quit working last spring while we were out of town???  Mom and Dad graciously bought us a new one this spring....but I'm thinking Dad wasn't planning to have it used for things like this!)

memorial day and sleepover 0011_resize

Adrian finds the evidence!

memorial day and sleepover 0010_resize

Frozen shoes.

memorial day and sleepover 0012_resize

He then makes the deliveries....memorial day and sleepover 0014_resize Trevor and Todd realize that Trevor's shoes are frozen solid!

memorial day and sleepover 0015_resize   TJ decides that ice cold flip flops are "awesome!"

I hope that your nights of sleep don't involve sneaky little girls pulling pranks but

MORE THAN THAT

I hope that when Jesus returns you are ready!

Much love,



1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Yes. I am so looking forward to when He calls us to Heaven. I'm ready.
One more morning. One day closer.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me