SNOW DAYS...........................
I'm not sure what the weather is like where you live, but here in Eastern Kentucky we are experiencing one snow right after another.....

which means we have not had school since LAST Monday and it's not looking promising any time soon. The extended forecast is calling for more snow all next week!!

It takes a conscious decision sometimes to choose to LOVE snow days.

kids up very late
friends coming and going
wet boots
soggy gloves
soaked jeans
dripping socks
noon becoming the new wake-up time for Olivia


Last night Todd and three of his friends slept here, and Olivia returned from being snowed in at a friend's house out in the country. I haven't seen a lot of Todd lately, so honestly, it was my turn to have the guys here....I think they all wander around between each others' houses looking for food and a place to sleep when they're not working in the college cafeteria.

I had to drive in the dark on a snow-covered road for several miles to meet Olivia's friend's mom last night so I could finally bring her home, and honestly, I was out of my comfort zone. Especially since my windshield wiper is broken and was not helping at all with snow that was coming down as I was driving.

I say all of that to say that at the Nischan house all routines have been thrown out the window.......and I am beginning to feel the effects of this upside down life.

I'm not eating right.
I'm not exercising.
I'm getting behind in my Bible reading.
I'm feeling a little yucky.

So, today, I have got to get a grip.

I'm committing right now to drinking 64 ounces of water today. You can only live on coffee for so long.
I'm going to at least do sit-ups, and I might try to go for a walk. (That may end up being a future funny story in all of this ice.)
I need milk, so I'm going to make myself go to the grocery store.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I AM GOING TO SHUT MYSELF IN A ROOM AND CATCH UP ON MY BIBLE READING! I think I left Moses alone in the wilderness somewhere with a bunch of whiny Israelites. :)

Have a good day, my blogging friends!

I'll leave you with this thought:

Snow days-
Love them or hate them.
You get to choose-
But I promise that your choice will determine what kind of day you have today

Tomorrow, we'll talk about the book CHOOSING GRATITUDE.

So, for today, I'd better be thankful for yet another...............

SNOW DAY!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Christine said...

Tammy, I hope you got some walking in--only 10 more weeks until the Race for Hope! NNJW! I think I like snow days a whole lot more now that they're over! The snow is starting to melt here in central OH so spirits are lifting!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me