Learning to Cope..................
Genesis 43:30-32 (New International Version)

30 Deeply moved at the sight of his brother, Joseph hurried out and looked for a place to weep. He went into his private room and wept there.
31 After he had washed his face, he came out and, controlling himself, said, "Serve the food."
There's something about this moment in Joseph's life that I admire so much.
I can't imagine all of the emotions welling up inside of Joseph as he saw his family members after such a long, painful, and undeserved separation.
I think I love this part of the story so much, because it is so real.
Joseph ran to find a safe place to cry.
He had a meltdown.
Then he cleaned himself up.
And then practiced self-control.............

By doing what he needed to do in spite of his feelings.
He came back out and said, "Serve the food."
Have you ever had a time where your emotions seemed to be more than you could bear???
I sure have.
I find comfort in Joseph's way of coping.
He wasn't afraid to cry, but he didn't make a scene.
And he regrouped enough to move on with the day.
I think this is a great example when you are trying to cope with life.
It helps me to think of Joseph, and I hope it helps you too.
Have a great day.
Love,


4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Thank you for sharing how the Word touched your heart in this way, Tammy!

Violeta, from Romania, just left a comment on my blog directing me to yours. Bless you, sister, for the work you do to serve our Lord, and for these beautiful words that point us back to His perfect, life-giving Word.

Blogger Joyfulsister said...

Hi Tammy..
I just wanted to stop by to say hello and see how you are doing?? This is a beautiful post, and much to onder on. Have a blessed holiday season filled with precious memories and thoughts of loved ones and friends.

Hugz Lorie

Blogger Nikki (Sarah) said...

my emotions used to be really out of whack. I didn't know how to handle them. But now I know to praise the Lord when I'm overwhelmed with emotions. Sarah

Blogger Maria Johns said...

Tammy I love the story of Joseph and even my little brother was named after him. Im also blown away by your testimony in your side column. I lost my father last year to cancer and it was a dreadful valley, but he came to a life changing faith in Jesus. ALso, my sister and I just went to India this past april and it was life-changing were hoping to adopt a child through compassion international and then for real some day, thanks for sharing your story so freely, even the painful parts. You have a beautiful blog.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me