This Present Darkness......

I began reading the book This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti today.

I've heard about it so many times but finally decided to dive into it today and see what it's all about it.

I know it's based on Ephesians 6:12,

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

That alone was enough to make me interested. I do believe that we are in a spiritual battle. Yesterday, I was under a severe attack.

I almost feel crazy when I talk like this
, but I do believe that if we could somehow peel back the atmosphere around us we would see an entirely "other world" full of good and evil battling for us and against us.

The great news is that we already know Who wins.

The tough news is that the devil won't give up until the day we breathe our last breath or until the Lord returns to take us all home. Until then, we have to lift each other in daily fervent prayer!

If anyone has read this book, I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Thank you for praying for me.

Lifting you all daily,



11 Comments:

Blogger Becky Copeland said...

I have read all the books and loved them!! They gave me an extra boost in knowing that God conquers all in the end and that he is always there through it all. Hope you enjoy it!

Blogger Cheri' said...

I read it many years ago and loved it! The problem back then was that people began making a theology out of it and focused too much on the demonic rather than the fact that Jesus always wins.. I'm sure Frank Peretti never intended for the focus to be on the demonic.

It's a great book and really does make you aware of the need to embrace the reality of the armor of God and our need for its protection.

Enjoy the book. I'm sure Jesus will use it in your life!

I am so emailing you a story right now...

Blogger natalie said...

Dear Friend,
You are in my prayers Tammy. Grief is some of the hardest work we will ever do!

Proverbs 18:10, "The name of the Lord is a strong Fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.

Run to Him Tammy, He knows your hurt and He wants to be your comfort!

Love you,
natalie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy. If you like this book, Randy Alcorn has a book called Lord Foulgrin's letters that you might like as well.

Anonymous Terri said...

I read them a few years back and could not put them down. They gave me chills and encouraged me in my christian life. You will enjoy them!

See you in a few weeks.

Terri Stauffer

Blogger Lori said...

This book led my husband to Christ in college. This book will ALWAYS be special to me.

I read both This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness back in high school - I couldn't put them down or turn off the light at night for a while. I was a young Christian at the time and they really helped me to see how strong the spiritual battle is around us. It also encouraged me to know that God knows EVERYTHING that is going on and is in control of everything, even when we don't understand it.

Anonymous miss mary said...

I have several of his books but have not read this particular one. Please let me know how it is. I might just have to get it.
Have a wonderfully blessed day.

Blogger UL Cards Fan said...

I have just had a GOD moment. About an hour ago I referenced this book on my friend Sheryl's blog The Perch.I was telling her although I read it probably 15 yrs. ago or more I can still vividly remember reading in the story that evil was "winning" because people were not praying. Really opened my eyes to spiritual warfare and the power of prayer. Now I come to your blog and see this post. Isn't God something?

He really is!!!

I do believe that there are no coincidences!!

Thank you, Lord, for speaking so clearly!!!

Love you!

Tammy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me