Don't Miss Love

The jacket caught my eye at recess yesterday.

There was something about the fact that a child had found potential even in a pruned and barren branch that made me smile.

I thought,
"Someday I will write about this jacket," so I snapped a photo and went on my way.

This morning as I was looking through my pictures, I realized that the message tucked away in this photograph was more than just a message about how God can use even the most-pruned branch to do His work.

This photograph was all about how easy it is to miss love.

Look closely.


See the heart almost hidden here?

I didn't even notice it until this morning.

When I think about the elementary school playground yesterday, filled with the sounds of children laughing and playing all around this tree,  I am reminded of just how easy it is to get so caught up in play time or work time or sports time or any other time and MISS the love so close to us.

Today, I want to have my eyes wide open.

I want to find love, soak up love, appreciate love, and be thankful for love all around me.

I want to cherish things like jackets hanging on seemingly useless branches and be reminded that God can use anyone or anything for His purpose.

I also want to look more closely at these little messages throughout the day and see the love tucked away in every sign.

Life is a gift.

Love is a gift.

Don't miss life today and don't miss love.

It's everywhere.

It's hanging on dead branches.

It's embroidered on children's jackets.

Love.

God's gift to the world.

I hope you experience His love in a mighty way today.

Happy Tuesday!!

Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 

for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I 

should go, for to you I lift up my soul.


Psalm 147:11

The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their 

hope in his unfailing love.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me