An Everyday Priority

Life gets busy.

With all the things bouncing through our minds on any given day, it can be easy to somehow allow thoughts about God to sink lower and lower in our list of priorities.

I've noticed this in my life, especially when things are going along pretty smoothly.

When I', not in the middle of a crisis, it's much easier for me to rely on my own strength rather than turning to God for my every need.

When I reach these places of self-reliance, several things happen.

First, my prayer life weakens.

Second, I seek Him less and less.

Third, my mind becomes so full of my own thoughts that I begin to notice that I have no room for thoughts about God.

There's nothing pretty about these chapters in my life.

On the outside, things don't look much differently to the world.

But on the inside, the part of me that matters most, I begin to feel the gnawing sense that I am leaning on the wrong thing.

I'm leaning on a wall that is not sturdy, a wall that will eventually collapse under pressure.

So, for me, an everyday priority HAS to be turning to God.

Starting the day with Him, sharing the day with Him, ending the day with Him.

Because on my own, I'm nothing.

In my own strength, I am incredibly weak.

I love that God, who could easily reveal Himself to everyone with one clap of His hands, requires us to seek Him in order to find Him.

I love this because I realize that in the seeking I understand the treasure of finding Him.

In the pursuit, I find excitement and joy.

In the discovering of His presence all around me, I find peace.

Today, seek Him with all your heart.

Tomorrow, seek Him again.

Never stop looking for Him who loves you most.

He is right there with you.

He just wants to know that you care enough to seek Him and find Him.

He just wants to know that you have room in your heart and mind for thoughts about Him.

He loves you unconditionally, and He longs to have you love Him right back.

Have a happy Monday!

You will seek me and find me 

when you seek me with

 all your heart.

Jer. 29:13





5 Comments:

Blogger hawkeyejlp said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to blog; your posts minister to me each time I read!
Jennifer

Blogger Unknown said...
Blogger natalie said...

You are a blessing tammy:) I've been trying to seek him

Blogger natalie said...

That should say more and more each day. Sorry

Anonymous Tammy said...

Love you all so much!! Thanks for taking time to write a note to me. It warms my soul!!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me