When You Need a Lift

I love that God cares about us in such a personal way that when He hears us cry out to Him,

He turns toward us and listens.

I love that when we admit we are stuck or weak or frail,

He reaches out and lifts us up to a "firm place."

I love that when we are in a rut and we will feel trapped,

He can step in and put a new song in our mouth - freeing us to praise Him.

I don't know what your day holds,

but I do know that He who holds you has this day covered in His love and mercy.

I don't know how messy life is for you,

but I do know that no mud, no mire, no mess is too big for God.

Don't try to do today alone.

Cry out to Him.

And patiently wait.

He will hear you.

He will listen.

And He will lift you up to a firm place.

A place where you can confidently face anything this world throws your way.

Trust Him today with everything that is on your heart.

He loves you and He cares.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.

Psalm 40:1-3



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

About Me