The Power of Faith.........

Life is filled with situations that leave us feeling vulnerable.

Physically, we seek protection by carrying an umbrella, living in a house, having insurance......

Something inside of us realizes that alone we are weak, defenseless, in need of help.

Spiritually, we need protection too.

The Bible makes it very clear that the devil is prowling around, longing to sneak up on us and catch us when we are weak.

Spiritual warfare is as real as a the thunderclouds that build over our heads or the dark of night that comes every 12 hours without fail.

What do we do to protect ourselves spiritually???????

As I was reading this morning in I Peter 3:5, I was struck by this verse,

 

And through your faith,

God is protecting you by his power

until you receive this salvation,

which is ready to be revealed on the

last day for all to see.

I read this verse over and over.

Through our FAITH we are protected by God's power.

Faith.

Believing in what we do not see.

Knowing that there is more to this world than "this world."

Loving Jesus whom we have never met.

Worshipping God whom we have never seen.

Understanding that there are many things we will never understand........

while we're here.....

and being okay with this truth.

Faith.

"The substance of things hoped for."

Last night was the annual Christmas play at our church.

As the play ended, we bowed our heads to pray.

I couldn't help peeking up at the kids across the stage, and I hope it was okay to snap this shot during a prayer.

I thought it was priceless.

christmas play 139238

Joseph praying...and even a shepherd praying in the background.

The animals may not "get it," but Joseph knew.........

and the shepherd knew.

They were in the presence of the King.

And I have to believe that Joseph's faith carried all the dangers surrounding Jesus' birth just as Mary carried the Son of God.

 

Is your faith carrying you today?

This is the first Christmas since Nick passed away that we are spending the holiday at home.

I have to make a daily choice to  either focus on the sadness of Nick not being here or on the reality and joy of knowing he is already HOME!!

 

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that Nick is doing great and that one day I will hug him and everything I have missed will be restored and made beautiful.

In God's time.

 

If your Christmas lacks someone you love and you find the season painful, I am praying that you will allow your faith to carry you through each day of holidays.

God longs to protect you.

 

And as we enter 2012, let's remember these powerful words that follow the verse above.

So be truly glad.

There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold-

though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.

So when your faith remains strong through many trials,

it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

I Peter 1:6-7

 



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again for another inspirational entry. I pray for all those out there who are walking without faith. It's not an easy road to travel on. And enjoy your Christmas at home just the way Nick would want you to. He is with Jesus and he will be looking down on you free from all his tumors with that beautiful smile. And you must look up to heaven and give a big smile back even though it hurts in your earthly body. Because of your strong faith, you know you will be reunited. How wonderful that will be. Hugs, Sandy

Blogger Unknown said...

Tammy,
I haven't been in touch with you for a while, but I had written to you about my Mom and her battle with Ovarian Cancer. Mom passed away on October 28th. My youngest daughter got married last Saturday. Mom tried so hard to make it so she could be at the wedding, but her body was so tired and so sick, she was ready to be with the Lord.
Planning a wedding and a funeral so close together was overwhelming to say the least, but we had many faithful friends and family that have truly helped and ministered to us.
After the wedding, I felt like Mom died all over again. There are good days and bad and I know that God is in both.
My Mom and Dad were married for 56 years. Mom LOVED Christmas (I put up three of her five trees:) This week has been incredibly hard for my Dad. Could I as you to add him to your prayer list? I just want to keep him before the Lord in asking for comfort and healing of his broken heart.
Tammy, we love you and your family and pray God richest blessing for you. We'll be praying for all of you this Christmas season too.

In Christ Love-
Tracy Tuggle
tracy@closingsolutionsllc.com

Anonymous Tammy said...

Tracy,

I am so, so sorry.

I am praying now and will continue to lift you throughout the holidays to the only Comforter who can bring what you need at this time.

Please know I love you. I am sure all of those who read of your mom's passing to Heaven will be praying for you too.

I am so thankful that the BIble promises that God is close to the brokenhearted.

Love,
Tammy

Post a Comment

Home

About Me