Inspired and Committed!

Is there something you've wanted to do for a long time, but you just haven't mustered the determination to carry it through to completion?

I can answer that question with a great big, "YES!" and this is what I'm doing today to change things in my life.

I'm setting some goals.

I'm placing my dreams in God's lap.

I'm getting to work.

I just finished reading the book, Do the Work, by Steven Pressfield; and while this book is not written from a Christian perspective, everything about it could easily be compared to a spiritual journey.

I am going to be completely transparent with my personal goals, because I made myself promise to be honest with every word I typed four years ago when I started blogging:

I want to lose 20 pounds.

I want to finish the book I am writing.

I want to become a better cook.

While none of those goals may appear to be spiritual in nature, I promise you this: 

The journey towards my goals will lead me closer and closer to the heart of God, because I am going to have to lean on Him daily for strength.

As 2012 approaches, I'm wondering if you have dreams or goals that you would like to reach during this year?

If so, please know I am praying for you and if you need someone to hold you accountable, please send me an email at tammynischan@yahoo.com!

We can pray for each other!

Let's make this a year to remember!

At the same time, let's never allow our dreams to get in the way of being the friend God has called us to be.

My heart is filled with prayers for my friend Martha this morning as she awaits her test results and for sweet little Charlotte who begins chemo this week.

Thankful for a Savior who came "Inspired and Committed" to do His Good Work and was not pleased until He said the words, "It is finished,"



6 Comments:

Blogger Leveta said...

Tammy:
Those sounds like wonderful goals to set. My goals are I want to lose 50 pounds. I want to learn to swim--this requires getting over a major fear of water over my head and I want to read the bible through. Will be praying for your goals too and anxious to hear what others have to set as their goals.
Leveta

Anonymous Tammy said...

Leveta,

I have heard from several today via email and Facebook, and I think we are all facing similar battles this year.

I will be praying for you, and I want to tell you this:

YOU CAN DO IT!

Walk, eat less, drink more water! That's what I'm going to be doing, and I'll let you know how it goes!

As far as your fear of water, I will be praying. There is a verse that I want to find to share with you. I will look for it tonight.

I wanted to read through the BIble in a year for so many years. The year that Nick died I decided I was going to do it! I bought a chronological Bible and it has helped me so much! I get behind from time to time, but with the dates marked for you, it is so easy to see where you need to be!!

Praying for you!

Much love,
tammy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your goals are great. Your spiritual walk is the Lord and it shows in your writing. And those earthly goals are what you can glorify God with. I need to lose weight too so you Leveta and I can join forces and make our temples healthy for our Lord. I already know how to cook and after cooking so many years I get very anxious wehn I have to plan dinner. Lately it has been very basi, nothing fancy. Your goal is writng and mine is goals for quilting so hopefull we will meet our goals together. I have sent you an email update on Charlotte. Hugs to you my friend. Sandy

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,

I am so with you and Levita on the losing weight! I am hoping and praying I can lose 25 pounds.

I am also hoping to gain more of God's Wisdom through prayer and reading my Bible EVERYDAY.

And yes, I would love for you to hold me accountable!

God Bless you and your family in the New Year,

natalie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly wasn't composing very well last night. So many errors and I forgot to go back and check. I sent another update which changes constantly on Charlotte. Thank all of your bloggers for prayers for Charlotte. Keep them flowing, it is going to be a long process, and she will be healed. Thank God and praise him for all that we have in the good and bad times. And as we all embark on our journey this year with our goals he will be there with us cheering us on. I wish there were a way we could all read our bibles together and share. Love, Sandy

Blogger Sandy said...

My goal is to read through the Bible in chronological order. Use my ears more than my mouth. Be more organized.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me