We're Home!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty-five and a half years ago on the night before our wedding, Tim went to see one of the Rocky movies with a bunch of his friends. I believe it was Rocky IV.

Years later when we named our first daughter Adrienne, we thought of "Yo, Adrienne!" often and remembered the Rocky movies from our high school years.

So, when we headed out for Rhode Island last week and knew we were going to go through Philadelphia we just HAD to get our photo in front of the Rocky statue! :)

Remember the stairs that Rocky ran in his training for the fight? 

Here they are! 

Isn't life a lot like these stairs?

Not always an easy climb.....

But in the end well worth every drop of sweat!

I have so much to share from the trip!  The ladies in Rhode Island were precious!  Such sweet stories of God's faithfulness on the East coast.  I am always so inspired when I fellowship with new Christian friends.  I am reminded that God is touching lives all across the world!

For today, I just wanted to say "We're home!" and also say how much I thought of all of you each and every day and wanted so badly to be able to sit and reflect a bit with you about the day's events, but our schedules were packed from sun up til sun down.  When I finally reached the point of bed time, I could barely keep my eyes open to read for a few minutes!

I will write more tonight or tomorrow.

As you journey through life today, even if the stairs seem steep and your goals seem unattainable, remember Paul's great example!

Phil. 3:14

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I love you all,


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thrilled you are home safe and sound and eagerly awaiting details from the trip!
Luv,
Cheryl

Blogger natalie said...

Tammy,


Sounds like you had a great time and you look so refreshed!

I have a prayer reqeust; our town is right on the missouri river. The river is expected to jump 3 more feet by tomorrow night. Although our home is not in dager of being flooded, many homes here are. I'm on the school board and we spent today evacuating our school. As scarry as that is to me, our students and families are praying all turns out well. I can't imagine how they must feel wondering if they are going to lose there homes. All are on edge.

God bless,
natalie

Anonymous Tammy Nischan said...

Natalie,

I am praying now.

Love you.

Please let us all know how everything goes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are home! Checked your blog each and every day. Missed it greatly. Love and prayers to you and your family.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me